Jatayu Tirtham Temple, RameshwaramCurrently Closed
- Address: Rameshwaram-Dhanushkodi Road,Rameswaram, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram
This is a sacred temple dedicated to Jatayu that was the most loyal eagle of Lord Rama. Jatayu is believed to have helped Lord Rama in several crisis and tough circumstances. The bird also assisted with collecting herbs from the mountains. As he lost his life in the attempt of saving Lord Rama’s life his sacrifice is greatly appreciated even today. Jatayu is therefore worshiped as a deity even today. It was buried at the spot where the temple is located and is quite a peaceful place to visit.
Jatayu Tirtham Temple Information
- The best time to visit here is from October to April.
- Carry a bottle of water.
- Beware of guides trying to fleece you.
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How To reach Jatayu Tirtham Temple by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Jatayu Tirtham Temple
38.83% of people who visit Rameshwaram include Jatayu Tirtham Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.15% of people start their Jatayu Tirtham Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jatayu Tirtham Temple
94.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jatayu Tirtham Temple