Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram
About Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram
Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram - Address
Address: Rameshwaram-Dhanushkodi Road,Rameswaram, India
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 5.6K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is a sacred temple dedicated to Jatayu that was the most loyal eagle of Lord Rama. Jatayu is believed to have helped Lord Rama in several crisis and tough circumstances. The bird also assisted with collecting herbs from the mountains. As he lost his life in the attempt of saving Lord Rama’s life his sacrifice is greatly appreciated even today. Jatayu is therefore worshiped as a deity even today. It was buried at the spot where the temple is located and is quite a peaceful place to visit.
Jatayu Tirtham Temple Information
- The best time to visit here is from October to April.
- Carry a bottle of water.
- Beware of guides trying to fleece you.
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How To reach Jatayu Tirtham Temple by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Seeta Teertham
- Bharath Sevashram Sangha
- Hyatt Place Rameswaram
- Hotel Vinayaga
- Hotel Nnp Grand
- Hotel Ashoka
- Rameshwaram Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Rameshwaram
- What to See in 48 Hours in Rameshwaram
- What to See in 72 Hours in Rameshwaram
- How to Spend 5 Days in Rameshwaram
- How to Spend 6 Days in Rameshwaram
- How to Spend 7 Days in Rameshwaram