Jatayu Tirtham Temple
About Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram
This is a sacred temple dedicated to Jatayu that was the most loyal eagle of Lord Rama. Jatayu is believed to have helped Lord Rama in several crisis and tough circumstances. The bird also assisted with collecting herbs from the mountains. As he lost his life in the attempt of saving Lord Rama’s life his sacrifice is greatly appreciated even today. Jatayu is therefore worshiped as a deity even today. It was buried at the spot where the temple is located and is quite a peaceful place to visit.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jatayu Tirtham Temple Information
- The best time to visit here is from October to April.
- Carry a bottle of water.
- Beware of guides trying to fleece you.
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How To Get To Jatayu Tirtham Temple by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Share your experience - Rate Jatayu Tirtham Temple, Rameshwaram
- Other Attractions
- Muong Hoa Valley
- Love Waterfall
- Ethos- Spirit Of The Community
- Fansipan Mountain
- Khu Du Lich Thac Bac
- Ta Phin Village
- Ham Rong Mountain
- Quang Truong Square
- The Stone Church
- Shin Chai Village
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 5 Star Hotels Near Muong Hoa Valley
- Budget Hotels Near Love Waterfall
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Ethos- Spirit Of The Community
- Cheap Hotels Near Fansipan Mountain
- 5 Star Hotels Near Khu Du Lich Thac Bac
- 5 Star Hotels Near Ta Phin Village
- Hotels Near Ham Rong Mountain
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Quang Truong Square
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near The Stone Church
- Cheap Hotels Near Shin Chai Village
- City Tripplans
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 5 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 6 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 1 Day
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 3 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 2 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 4 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Trip to Delhi, Madurai, Chennai, Tirumala, Rameshwaram, Srisailam