Jatayu Tirtham TempleCurrently Open
- Address: Kandadevi, Tamil Nadu 630314, Rameshwaram, India Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
This is a sacred temple dedicated to Jatayu that was the most loyal eagle of Lord Rama. Jatayu is believed to have helped Lord Rama in several crisis and tough circumstances. The bird also assisted with collecting herbs from the mountains. As he lost his life in the attempt of saving Lord Rama’s life his sacrifice is greatly appreciated even today. Jatayu is therefore worshiped as a deity even today. It was buried at the spot where the temple is located and is quite a peaceful place to visit.
Jatayu Tirtham Temple Travel Tips
- The best time to visit here is from October to April.
- Carry a bottle of water.
- Beware of guides trying to fleece you.
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How to Reach Jatayu Tirtham Temple
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jatayu Tirtham Temple Address: Kandadevi, Tamil Nadu 630314, Rameshwaram, India
- Jatayu Tirtham Temple Timing: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Jatayu Tirtham Temple(preferred time): 06:30 am - 10:00 am
- Time required to visit Jatayu Tirtham Temple: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
26.84% of people who visit Rameshwaram include Jatayu Tirtham Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
35.29% of people start their Jatayu Tirtham Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Jatayu Tirtham Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jatayu Tirtham Temple
People normally club together Kothandaramaswamy Temple and Dhanushkodi Temple while planning their visit to Jatayu Tirtham Temple.