About Kothandaramaswamy Temple, Rameshwaram
This is the sacred place where Lord Ram decided to give amnesty to Vibeeshana and performed pattabishekam for him before he got into a war against Raavan. The temple depicts the interesting story of Ramayana and houses several beautiful paintings inscribing the same. This temple is a peaceful place and is said to have survived to devastating cyclone of 1960 as well. Witness the holiness and tranquility of the city here in the Kothandaramaswamy temple of Rameshwaram.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
Kothandaramaswamy Temple Information
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Keep your footwear outside before entering the temple.
How To Get To Kothandaramaswamy Temple by Public Transport
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Share your experience - Rate Kothandaramaswamy Temple, Rameshwaram
When I reach there feel God Ram is near us.while going dhanukotl, this place is there at your left. In template you can see rajiya bhisjek of bhivishan
This is the place where Lord rama conducted pattabishegam for Vibeeshanan ( brother of ravana) after the war. I love to visit the place which i read in the books. I dont involve in the discussion whether it happens or not but i love to visit new places.
Ancient temple - maintenance is ok. But the waters near the temple is so clean and clear. You can walk for at least 200-300m into the water and you can see the floating stone
Scenic place situated in between Indian ocean. Journey to reach the place is mesmerizing.
Nice place all sides are covered with water and nice view from far . But the local shops covers the temple
- Other Attractions
- War Remnants Museum
- Central Post Office
- Reunification Palace
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- Bitexco Financial Tower Skydeck
- Notre Dame Cathedral
- Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre
- A O Show
- Cao Dai Temple
- Pham Ngu Lao Street
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near War Remnants Museum
- 5 Star Hotels Near Central Post Office
- Luxury Hotels Near Reunification Palace
- Cheap Hotels Near Cu Chi Tunnels
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Bitexco Financial Tower Skydeck
- Budget Hotels Near Notre Dame Cathedral
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near A O Show
- Luxury Hotels Near Cao Dai Temple
- Hotels Near Pham Ngu Lao Street
- City Tripplans
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 5 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 6 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 1 Day
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 3 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 2 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 4 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Trip to Delhi, Madurai, Chennai, Tirumala, Rameshwaram, Srisailam