Ramanathaswamy Temple1539 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu 623526, Rameshwaram, India
- Timings: 04:30 am - 08:30 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4573221223
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Historical Site, Family And Kids
This temple is home to the world’s most sacred sand mound which is believed was created by Ram’s wife, Sita for the purpose of worshiping Lord Shiva. The temple is as old as the 16th century and is popular for its 1000-pillar halls and 22 temple tanks. Pilgrims bathe in those tanks before they enter the temple. Ramanathaswamy Temple is one of the oldest temples in Tamil Nadu and one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of India.
Ramanathaswamy Temple Travel Tips
- Cameras and phones are not allowed in the temple.
- Only Hindus are allowed to enter the inner shrine.
- Maintain peace in the temple.
- Do not scribble your name on the walls of the temple.
Ramanathaswamy Temple Hours
- Monday to Sunday: 4:30 am – 1:00 pm and 3:00 – 8:30 pm
How to Reach Ramanathaswamy Temple
- Hire a taxi or a rickshaw to get here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Rameshwaram include Ramanathaswamy Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
80.88% of people start their Ramanathaswamy Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Ramanathaswamy Temple
65.22% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ramanathaswamy Temple