Religious Site, Outdoors, Beach, Family ...
Added 11.1K times in trip plans
About Villoondi Theertham, Rameshwaram
Viloondi tirtham is one of Rameshwaram’s beaches and one of the 64 sacred water bodies in the holy city. You walk over the pier and get into the sea where you have lovely spring water which is a major highlight of this beach.Villoondi tirtham features subtle tides. The mythical story of the spring water shooting out of that particular spot in the sea states that after lord Ram and his army set from Sri Lanka after rescuing Sita (his wife) from Ravana, they got to Rameshwaram where his army was dying of thirst. That’s when Lord Ram shot an arrow in the sea from where the fresh spring water oozed out. The army quenched their thirst with this water.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Rameshwaram before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rameshwaram and book an accommodation of your choice.
Villoondi Theertham Information
- It is wise to dress modestly.
- Carry an extra pair of clothes.
How To Get To Villoondi Theertham by Public Transport
- Hire a rickshaw or taxi to get here.
- Take a bus from Rameshwaram bus stand.
Share your experience - Rate Villoondi Theertham, Rameshwaram
It's a good place to click photos as the view is so good and quiet. Ideal place to collect shells and sea stones of good quality. Theertham is bad - it's salty and not sweet as you expect, so avoid tasting it.
It's a wonderful place. No tide in this area, so we can take bath without afraid. To look silent & calm👌. Whoever come to Rameswaram must visit this place.
As per the history, during the Banwas time of Ram, to Quincy the thirsty of Sita Ram dig his bow to get sweet water near the sea.
I liked this place so much. It's not because of its history. But it's beach. Very beautiful and clean. Sea water is very clear here. No much tides. We see a lot of sea shells, corals etc. I have collected some to my home. Super climate. A romantic place.
Beautiful beach with crysral clear water and if you want to have water from the well, you can have buckets from the nearby shops!! Just amazing place!!
- Other Attractions
- Pench National Park
- Baaz Jungle Resort
- Other Attractions Hotels
- Budget Hotels Near Pench National Park
- Budget Hotels Near Shridham
- Budget Hotels Near Baaz Jungle Resort
- City Tripplans
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 5 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 6 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 1 Day
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 3 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 2 Days
- 4 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 4 Days
- Rameshwaram Itinerary 7 Days
- 8 Day Trip to Rameshwaram from Rameshwaram
- Trip to Delhi, Madurai, Chennai, Tirumala, Rameshwaram, Srisailam