Bhalu DamCurrently Closed
- Address: Ranikhet, Uttarakhand, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body
The Bhalu Dam was built by the then Viceroy of India for the basic purpose of providing water to the British soldiers as well as the local people there. It is a few kilometers drive from the city of Kothiyan and then from there a little trekking from the Chaubatia Garden.
The main feature of this artificial lake is the fantastic surroundings - tall fir and pine tree forests, snow-capped valleys are just splendid, the singing of the birds, the cool breeze and the clean sky. The adjoining garden is small but is very beautiful with colorful flowers and the fruit trees.
- The place can be visited at anytime during the year except extreme winters when the temperature is unbearably cold.
- It is an ideal picnic spot also.
- Try visiting the place during sunset.
- Entry is Free.
- The dam is open throughout the week.
- Drive to here form Ranikhet, or walk.
- Catch a shared taxi from Gandhi Chowk or Mall Road (near Meghdoot Hotel) to Chaubatia Gardens
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ranikhet before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranikhet and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ranikhet include Bhalu Dam in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
82.22% of people start their Bhalu Dam visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Bhalu Dam
58.43% of people prefer walking in order to reach Bhalu Dam