Bhalu Dam, Ranikhet
Bhalu Dam, Ranikhet - Address
Address: Ranikhet, Uttarakhand, India
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 25.7K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Bhalu Dam, Ranikhet
The Bhalu Dam was built by the then Viceroy of India for the basic purpose of providing water to the British soldiers as well as the local people there. It is a few kilometers drive from the city of Kothiyan and then from there a little trekking from the Chaubatia Garden.
The main feature of this artificial lake is the fantastic surroundings - tall fir and pine tree forests, snow-capped valleys are just splendid, the singing of the birds, the cool breeze and the clean sky. The adjoining garden is small but is very beautiful with colorful flowers and the fruit trees.
Bhalu Dam Information
- The place can be visited at anytime during the year except extreme winters when the temperature is unbearably cold.
- It is an ideal picnic spot also.
- Try visiting the place during sunset.
Bhalu Dam Ticket Prices
- Entry is Free.
Bhalu Dam Opening and Closing Hours
- The dam is open throughout the week.
How To reach Bhalu Dam by Public Transport
- Drive to here form Ranikhet, or walk.
- Catch a shared taxi from Gandhi Chowk or Mall Road (near Meghdoot Hotel) to Chaubatia Gardens
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ranikhet before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranikhet and book an accommodation of your choice.