Binsar Mahadev MandirCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Almora, District- Ranikhet, Uttarakhand, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
Binsar Mahadev Mandir - Review
The Binsar Mahadev temple is perched on a height of more than 2000 meters above the sea level. It is a very popular tourist attraction not only in Nainital but in the whole Uttarakhand. It is an ancient temple that was built by King Kalyan Chand of the Chand dynasty in the 9th century and it is said that it was built in just one day. This temple is basically dedicated to the Lord Shiva but also houses idols of many other gods and goddesses, especially, Lord Ganesha and Goddess Parvati.
It is said that women come here and light a lamp on their palm and pray here to seek the Lord’s blessings in the form, of a child. Apart from the main idols, there are also idols of Har Gauri and Maheshmardini. The idol of Maheshmardini is engraved with verses in Nagarlipi Language. This place is said to be build in the memory of Bindu, the king’s father, it is also known as the Bindeshwari Temple.
The temple is famous for its ancient archeological significance and the surrounding view of the incredible snow capped peaks and the beautiful flora and fauna. The places of interest near the temple are- the Binsar wildlife Sanctuary, the Binsar Sanctuary Museum, Almora, the Jageshwar Temple, the Katarmal Sun Temple.
Binsar Mahadev Mandir Information
- The best time to visit is in the months of October and November.
- The main festival here is the Vaikunth Chaturdashi.
- There are no hotels or living places nearby till you reach Ranikhet.
Binsar Mahadev Mandir Ticket Prices
- Entry is Free.
Binsar Mahadev Mandir Hours
- It is open throughout the week.
How To reach Binsar Mahadev Mandir by Public Transport
- The Almora Railway station is the nearest.
- The Pantnagar airport is the nearest airport from here.
- You can drive to here from Ranikhet, or take a Taxi or a state bus.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ranikhet before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranikhet and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Binsar Mahadev Mandir
95% of people who visit Ranikhet include Binsar Mahadev Mandir in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
66.67% of people start their Binsar Mahadev Mandir visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Binsar Mahadev Mandir
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Binsar Mahadev Mandir
Binsar Mahadev Mandir Trips
Binsar Mahadev Mandir, Ranikhet Reviews
4. Binsar How about replacing Blue Ridge Mountains in the USA with Binsar on your bucket list this season? Yes, to everyone's surprise, Binsar, located near the town of Almora in Uttarakhand, is certainly capable of showcasing the unimaginable frames of nature. Famous for Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, the entire region of Binsar is covered with forests and hills. You cannot witness the majesty of sky-high mountains as they peek out from behind a layer of clouds everywhere. Wouldn't you love to trek up this hill of Binsar and savour such astonishing views which seem like heavenly expanses? Apart from its scenic beauty, you can also explore its historic temples and other ancient monuments and capture the beauty of its rich wildlife.
A devotional place.. named as binsar manadev..
The Binsar Mahadev is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, situated at a distance of 15 km from the town of Ranikhet. Its surroundings comprise natural fresh water springs and cedar forests. The temple also has a ashram nearby, dedicated to Binsar Mahadev.
Very good and renowned religious place for worship and darshan of Lord Shivji.
At a distance of 18 km from Ranikhet, Binsar Mahadev Mandir is an ancient Hindu temple situated at Bisaona near Ranikhet in Uttarakhand. The temple is surrounded by thick deodar forests and lies at an altitude of 2480 m. This is among the most visited temples in Uttarakhand. The Binsar Mahadev Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva worshipped here as Bindeshwar. The temple was built in 10th century by King Pithu in memory of his father Bindu, hence this temple is also known as Bindeshwar temple. The temple also houses the idols of Lord Ganesha, Goddess Gauri and Goddess Mahisasuramardini. The idol of Mahisasuramardini is engraved with texts in Nagarilipi which dates back to as early as the 9th century. The temple is known for its fine architecture. It is believed that Binsar Mahadev temple was built in a single day. The surroundings of the temple offer beautiful views of fresh water springs and cedar forests. It is a unique place for meditation and picnic. The temple also has an ashram nearby, dedicated to Binsar Mahadev. A large number of devotees came here on the occasion of Baikunth Chaturdashi in the month of June. It is said that devotees, especially women, pray all night with lamps in their hands on this day for the Lord's blessings. Binsar Mahadev is famous for its Archeological significance.