Binsar Mahadev Mandir2185 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Almora, District- Ranikhet, Uttarakhand, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
The Binsar Mahadev temple is perched on a height of more than 2000 meters above the sea level. It is a very popular tourist attraction not only in Nainital but in the whole Uttarakhand. It is an ancient temple that was built by King Kalyan Chand of the Chand dynasty in the 9th century and it is said that it was built in just one day. This temple is basically dedicated to the Lord Shiva but also houses idols of many other gods and goddesses, especially, Lord Ganesha and Goddess Parvati.
It is said that women come here and light a lamp on their palm and pray here to seek the Lord’s blessings in the form, of a child. Apart from the main idols, there are also idols of Har Gauri and Maheshmardini. The idol of Maheshmardini is engraved with verses in Nagarlipi Language. This place is said to be build in the memory of Bindu, the king’s father, it is also known as the Bindeshwari Temple.
The temple is famous for its ancient archeological significance and the surrounding view of the incredible snow capped peaks and the beautiful flora and fauna. The places of interest near the temple are- the Binsar wildlife Sanctuary, the Binsar Sanctuary Museum, Almora, the Jageshwar Temple, the Katarmal Sun Temple.
Binsar Mahadev Mandir Travel Tips
- The best time to visit is in the months of October and November.
- The main festival here is the Vaikunth Chaturdashi.
- There are no hotels or living places nearby till you reach Ranikhet.
Entrance Ticket Details For Binsar Mahadev Mandir
- Entry is Free.
Binsar Mahadev Mandir Hours
- It is open throughout the week.
How to Reach Binsar Mahadev Mandir
- The Almora Railway station is the nearest.
- The Pantnagar airport is the nearest airport from here.
- You can drive to here from Ranikhet, or take a Taxi or a state bus.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ranikhet before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranikhet and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Ranikhet include Binsar Mahadev Mandir in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
66.67% of people start their Binsar Mahadev Mandir visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Binsar Mahadev Mandir
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Binsar Mahadev Mandir