Chaubatia GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: Ranikhet, Almora- 263645, Uttarakhand, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-5966220227
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Leisure
Chaubatia Gardens - Review
This garden is famous for its beautiful orchards of yummy peaches, plums, apricots and juicy apples. The name ‘Chaubatia’ means a junction of paths as it is the point where the four cities meet. The cities are- Ranikhet, Pikholi, Bhargaon and Dehrti. It is known that the then Viceroy of India was Lord Mayo and he was so enchanted by the beauty of Chaubatia that he ordered it to be made the center for the British Cavalry and thus was set up the Cantonment of Chaubatia.
It is a place of immense beauty with its calm and serene surroundings – great place for a picnic. Also, if you’ve not seen step-farming before, you’re in for a visual treat. The snow capped peaks of the Tulsi, Nilkanth, Nanda Devi and Nandaghunti look gorgeous. You can even walk through the mountain forests here and enjoy the colorful flora and fauna. The vegetation here comprises of silver oak, rhododendron, cypress, cedar and pine trees.
Chaubatia Gardens Information
- The place can be visited at anytime during the year except extreme winters when the temperature is unbearably cold here.
- There is also a small resort of the government tourism department inside the garden complex for tourists here.
Chaubatia Gardens Ticket Prices
- Entry is Free.
Chaubatia Gardens Opening and Closing Hours
- The garden is open throughout the week.
How To reach Chaubatia Gardens by Public Transport
- Drive to here form Ranikhet, or walk.
- Catch a shared taxi from Gandhi Chowk or Mall Road (near Meghdoot Hotel).
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ranikhet before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranikhet and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chaubatia Gardens
95% of people who visit Ranikhet include Chaubatia Gardens in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
76.89% of people start their Chaubatia Gardens visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chaubatia Gardens
93.02% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chaubatia Gardens