How to Reach Ranikhet
- By Air: Pant Nagar airport (rarely serviced) is 112 km away.
- By Train: Nearest is Kathgodam.
- By Road: NH87 climbs up to Ranikhet from Kathgodam, 85km in the South. A shorter and more scenic, if bumpier route is through Bhimtal, Almora - 44 km, Nainital - 61 km, Kathgodam - 85 km. Taxis charge around 1200-1500 Rupees. Government buses of UK Road transport take around 4 hours, Pithoragarh - 161 km and Delhi - 350km. 8 hours by car; 12-14 hours by bus.
- By Foot: Ranikhet is hilly, and spread over several levels. It’s the best way to get around.
- By Cycle: So long you don’t mind lugging them from one level to the other (and it’s easy), this is the best way to get around.
- By Car: SUVs and buses run between villages.