Pandukholi Caves401 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Almora, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Hiking Trail, Hill
The Pandukholi is a group of small caves that have been there from thousands of years ago. It is a little trek beyond the main Ranikhet plains. It is said that it was here that the Pandavas remain hidden when the Kaurava army came to this place in search of them. The name of the caves has been derived from this story.
The solitude in the middle of the Himalayas, the gorgeous sunrise view and the amazing surroundings are all a combination of a perfect landscape as if painted by an artist.
This place seems to be completely unaffected from the rest of the world and remains engrossed in its own serenity. There is not a single sight of any pollution and the clear blue skies are a visual treat here.
This place devoid of any major population has been a tourist attraction as well as a destination for many saints over many years.
Pandukholi Caves Travel Tips
- Avoid the winters if you are visiting this place as the temperatures at that height are quite unbearable.
- There is no communication or lighting facilities so it is better that you go there during daytime and return within the afternoon only.
- The trek is quite high so be prepared with enough warm garments and for a hard physical activity.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pandukholi Caves
- Entry is Free
How to Reach Pandukholi Caves
- The nearest airport is the Pantnagar Airport, Kasauni.
- The nearest railway station is the Kathgodam Rail Station Junction.
- You can drive to here from Ranikhet.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ranikhet before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranikhet and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Pandukholi Caves Address: Almora, Ranikhet, Uttarakhand, India
- Pandukholi Caves Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Pandukholi Caves(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Pandukholi Caves: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
59.5% of people who visit Ranikhet include Pandukholi Caves in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
37.5% of people start their Pandukholi Caves visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Pandukholi Caves
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pandukholi Caves
People normally club together Lakshmi Ashram and Gwaldham while planning their visit to Pandukholi Caves.