Once a princely game reserve, Ranthambore National Park today boasts of being the most famous face of wildlife of India. Home to celebrated Indian tigers, this national park ensures an adventure filled destination for adventure lovers. Located on the junction of Aravali and Vindhyas just 14 kilometers from Sawai Madhopur, this park is dotted with steep rocky hills that make up for an interesting sight. To add to the natural and wild beauty is the Ranthambore Fort that looks beautiful with its imposing structure.
Replete with thick foliage and water bodies, this park is maintained by the Forest Department of Rajasthan. Apart from tigers, the other animals that can be spotted here are: the ubiquitous Langur (monkey), Leopard, Caracal, Hyena, Jackal, Jungle Cat, marsh Crocodiles, Wild Boar, Bears and various species of Deer.
Here is some of the practical information that you should catch up before visiting the park:
- The park is open to tourists during October-June only.
Entry Fees of the Park
- Indian Nationals: Rs 25/- per person per entry
- Student groups: Rs 10/- per student per entry provided application is given to the forest office on School / College letter head stating number of student and attach list of student names with age . Note: Teachers / escorts have to pay full ticket of Rs 25/-
- Foreign Nationals: Rs 200/- per person per entry
- Safari: There are two types of Vehicles available for Safari. One is to take a open canter and the other is a jeep.
- Rate for Safari per seat : Rs 400/- per person per trip for Indian Nationals and Rs 600/- from Foreign Nationals
- Rate for Jeep: Approximately Rs 2800/- per jeep per trip. Limited no of jeeps available.
Explore the best travel planner for your visit to Ranthambore National Park and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!