Surwal LakeCurrently Open
- Address: Soorwal dam, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, Ranthambore National Park, India Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Lake, Nature, Bird Watching
Located in Ranthambore national park, the Surwal Lake is a perfect place to spot beautiful and exotic birds. Against the scenic backdrop of the lake, you can see more than 50 bird species here. Some of the species that can be spotted here include Bar headed Geese, Grey heron, White Breasted Kingfisher, Common Kingfisher, Shrike, Indian Robin, Oriental Magpie Robin, Hoopoe, Common Babbler, Jungle Babbler, Egret, Red Wattled Lapwing, Stilt, River Tern, Pelican etc. This lake is a much beloved place for bird photographers!
Surwal Lake Travel Tips
- Recommended to be visited during day time.
Entrance Ticket Details For Surwal Lake
- Entry is free.
Surwal Lake Hours
- You can visit the lake anytime of the day. However, early morning hours are preferred for bird watching.
How to Reach Surwal Lake
- Rent a car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ranthambore National Park before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ranthambore National Park and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Surwal Lake Address: Soorwal dam, Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, Ranthambore National Park, India
- Surwal Lake Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Surwal Lake(preferred time): 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Surwal Lake: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
74.22% of people who visit Ranthambore National Park include Surwal Lake in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
25% of people start their Surwal Lake visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Surwal Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Surwal Lake
People normally club together Wild Dragon Adventure Park and Dastkar Ranthambhore while planning their visit to Surwal Lake.