The South Dakota Air and Space Museum is a part of the National Museum of the US Air Force. It is located just a short drive away from Rapid City and the motive behind its foundation was to educate and entertain the public. The various exhibits here are aimed to showcase the American journey, pay respect to the military personnel who sacrificed their lives for the country and tell the astonishing success stories of American aviation and aerospace research.
South Dakota Air And Space Museum Travel Tips
- Giftshop and galleries closed from January to February.
- Visitors from outside USA must have a passport to take the tour.
- For bus tour, passengers under 18 years should be accompanied by an adult.
- Cameras and video equipment permitted.
- Part of the tour is not handicapped accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For South Dakota Air And Space Museum
- Museum admission is free.
Ellsworth Air Force Base Tour charges:
- Adults: 8 USD
- Children (5-12): 5 USD
- Children ages 5 and under: Free
- Groups (10 or more): 6 USD per person
- School groups( May and September): 3 USD per person
South Dakota Air And Space Museum Hours
Outdoor Airpark Only:
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm from January 1st - March 1st
- Mid-May through Mid-September
Giftshop and gallery are closed January through February.
How to Reach South Dakota Air And Space Museum
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rapid City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rapid City and book an accommodation of your choice.
27.43% of people who visit Rapid City include South Dakota Air And Space Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
33.33% of people start their South Dakota Air And Space Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see South Dakota Air And Space Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Dakota Air And Space Museum