Are you looking for what to do in Rapperswil?
PLACES TO SEE
- Polish Museum, Rapperswil: Polish Museum, Rapperswil is a one of a kind museum founded by Wladyslaw Broel-Plater, a polish count and stands as the historic memorabilia of the polish history associated with the place. The museum is a beautiful way of knowing polish customs, traditions and art which have been preserved from the whiplash of time. The museum is a hot spot for tourists and stands as one of the most important historic places in the region.
- Wurmsbach Abbey: Wurmsbach Abbey is located in Bollingen near Rapperswil-Jona and is a monastery of Cistercian nuns. The place is famous among tourists for its scenic location and chic architecture. The Monastery holds a great part of Rapperswil history and is something that no traveller should miss.
- Knie's Kinderzoo: Knie's Kinderzoo is a great place to visit with family and friends as it guarantees quality time well spent with family. The zoo is famous for its variety of animals that it displays, monkeys, ungulates, camels are just the beginning of this friendly zoo. The place sees a lot of tourism and is a good place to be with family and friends.
- Wooden Bridge from Rapperswil to Hurden: Wooden Bridge from Rapperswil to Hurden is a beautiful journey that can easily be done by foot and enjoyed at any time of the day. There are many activities that can be done in the area and bird watching is one of the most famous ones. This is a must go for anyone who loves nature as the scenic beauty is breath taking and just simply magnificent.
- Schloss Rapperswil: Schloss Rapperswil is a 13th century grand castle that is open to tourists and is one of the most beautiful spots to see beautiful architecture and picturesque scenes. The hill top castle is well known for its panoramic view of the nearby places and hence becomes a good place for sight-seeing. The castle has always been a historically important location for Rapperswil and continues to be so due to its grand look and unique design.
THINGS TO DO
- Watching a game of ice hockey is a must do here.
- Do visit Knie's Kinderzoo as it is a good way to spend the day with your family.
- Go hiking and cycling in the summer season.
- Rent an electric bike and explore the area.
- Try the local cuisine and specialties.
Below we have a list of things to do in Rapperswil and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Rapperswil getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Rapperswil with confidence.