Are you looking for what to do in Ravello?
PLACES TO SEE
- Villa Cimbrone Gardens: An old farmhouse turned into a magnificent palace is one of the top attractions in Ravello. This place got its transformation with the initiatives taken by Lord Grimthorpe around 20th century. Apart from the villa, presently a luxury hotel, the gardens around it are talk of the town and are frequented by locals and visitors alike.
- Villa Rufolo: In close proximity to Duomo di Ravello, this 13th Century villa was built for Rufolo and his bloodline. Apart from its architecture, this villa is famous for its gardens and stunning views from various look out points. Often regarded as a timeless treasure, villa has been frequented by artists like Boccaccio and Wagner.
- Duomo di Ravello: Situated in city centre, this ancient Church has undergone many a makeovers in order to preserve and maintain it for generations to come. However, one can still see elements of ancient architecture in its bronze door along with its exterior constructed in the late 1500s.
- La Rondinaia: Mere 18 minutes journey from Ravello is the home of a famous American author – Gore Vidal. During the tour, visitors will see various objects, furniture and artefacts. Views from the Villa are awe-inspiring and feels nothing short of a glimpse of a heaven!
- Chiesa di San Giovanni Del Toro: After multiple restoration projects, this beautiful Church, built on the orders given by Dukes of Amalfi, still stands tall on the hill, from which it gets its name – Il Toro. Interior of the museum is beautiful and is decorated with 13th century frescoes.
THINGS TO DO
- La Bottega delle Arti: Best shopping place in Ravello, maybe even in Amalfi coast, to find and buy the best of varied handmade products.
- Profumi della Costiera – Buy limoncello: An Italian liqueur made with fresh local lemons – for yourself and loved ones.
- Medea: Get your hands on handmade artefacts here. Due to the detailed work done by the artists, some of the objects might cost a lot, but it’s totally worth it!
- Club Le Mosaique: As the name suggests, mosaics play a very integral part in the scheme of decoration of this club. A relatively new club in the town, it never has a dull moment whether it is music, food or drinks!
Below we have a list of things to do in Ravello and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Ravello getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Ravello with confidence.