Arian Baptistry195 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazzetta degli Ariani, Ravenna RA, Italy Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:30 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0544543711
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Observatory, Historical Site, Entertainment, Architecture
The Arian Baptistry in Ravenna, Italy was erected by the Ostrogothic King Theodoric the Great between the end of the 5th century and the beginning of the sixth century. Although the building has sunk approximately 2 to 3 meters into the ground, it still holds some brilliant examples of early mosaics. The stuccos and decorations that covered the interior walls are not visible anymore.
How to Reach Arian Baptistry
- Nearest Bus stop: Viale Farini Edicola
- Via Carducci Liceo Classico
- Via Di Roma Ghiselli
- Ristorante Locanda S.Andrea
- Battistero degli Ariani
- Ristorante Enoteca Mariola
- Ristorante al 45
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ravenna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ravenna and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Arian Baptistry Address: Piazzetta degli Ariani, Ravenna RA, Italy
- Arian Baptistry Contact Number: +39-0544543711
- Arian Baptistry Timing: 08:30 am - 07:30 pm
- Best time to visit Arian Baptistry(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Arian Baptistry: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
43.24% of people who visit Ravenna include Arian Baptistry in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
56% of people start their Arian Baptistry visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Arian Baptistry
81.25% of people prefer walking in order to reach Arian Baptistry
People normally club together Dante's Tomb And Quadrarco Of Braccioforte and Basilica Di S. Giovanni Evangelista while planning their visit to Arian Baptistry.