Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna200 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Piazza San Francesco, 1, Ravenna Italy Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-054433256
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Observatory, Historical Site, Monument, Architecture
Discover a much more interesting use of your euro at this beautiful Basilica as you see the underwater altar light up to all its glory with the drop of a coin. Originally dedicated to the Apostles and then to the patron St Martin, this basilica is as old as the mid 5 th century. This was the favorite church of the Polentani family that ruled the city once upon a time. The church contains a 5th century sarcophagus and is illuminated only by a tiny window. It is still possible to catch glimpse of the mosaic fragments that used to decorate the floor of the original church.
How to Reach Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna
- Nearest Bus stop: Ravenna Piazza Caduti
- Piazza Caduti
- Via Guaccimanni
- La Cà de Ven
- Taberna Boaria
- Al Passatore
- Ristorante Fuji
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ravenna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ravenna and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna Address: Piazza San Francesco, 1, Ravenna Italy
- Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna Contact Number: +39-054433256
- Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna Timing: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Best time to visit Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna(preferred time): 09:00 am - 01:00 pm
- Time required to visit Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
44.35% of people who visit Ravenna include Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
53.19% of people start their Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna
50% of people prefer walking in order to reach Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna
People normally club together Basilica Di Sant' Apollinare Nuovo and Basilica San Vitale while planning their visit to Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna.