How to Reach Ravenna
- By Air: When you are looking for flights to Ravenna, the only nearest airport you get is at Forli, which is 20km away from the city. It also serves low cost Ryanair. The more expensive flights to fly to Bologna from an aiport that is 80kms away from Ravenna.
- By Train: Trains from Bologna to reach Ravenna are available. The journey will take you around 1 hour 20minutes. You can easily plan a day trip when you are coming from Bologna. Other nearby places like Ferrara (1hour 15mins journey), Faenza (40 minutes), Rimini (1 hour) and coastal regions from where you can make frequent visit to Ravenna.
- By Bus: AATM buses are available. It departs from Piazza Farini and travels to the town and the coastal regions. This bus service serves as the primary mode of transportation for the tourism of Ravenna, Italy. Make sure you take a look into the timetable they offer to learn about the bus timing.
- By Car: If you are coming by car, take A14 autostrada. You can park your car on the east region of the train station and on the north side of Basilica di San Vitale.
- By Cycle: Cycling is the most inexpensive mode of transportation that both the locals and visitors prefer to hire while moving around the city. During spring and summer, free bike-hire services are available. If you know how to drive it, then just get the keys and move around the city at the cost of 9.50€. For students, it is around 8.50€.
- By Bus: To visit Basilica di Sant Apollinare in Classe, you need to take bus no.4 from central Ravenna.
- By Car: You can to explore more local sites like Pineta di Classe.
- By Walk: Other than these options, walking is always the best option as Ravenna offers numerous pedestrian areas to take a stroll around the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Ravenna. The most preferred mode of transport in Ravenna is Car.
Average distance: 27.27 km Average time: 30.67 min
Car 66.67%Driving 31 min Overall average time for 38 kms 31 min
Walking 33.33%Walking 20 min Driving 10 min Overall average time for 5.8 kms 30 min