Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea275 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Via Giuliano Argentario, 22, 48110 Ravenna RA, Italy Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +39-0544541688
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Observatory, Architecture
A part of the world heritage list, located in the backyard of San Vitale, the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia in Ravenna is known for its ancient and breathtaking mosaics. The small brick structure dates from around 430 AD, making it one of the oldest monuments in Ravenna. Unlike popular belief, Galla Placidia, a powerful Roman empress, was never buried here but likely commissioned the building.
Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Travel Tips
- Last admittance 15 minutes before closing time
- Wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- The ticket includes the entry to Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, Neonian Baptistery, Basilica of San Vitale, Mausoleum of Galla Placidia and Archiepiscopal Museum and Chapel.
- Reduced Admission- EUR 8.50
How to Reach Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Nearest Bus stop: Viale Baracca, Via Maggiore FR Rinascita
- Osteria Del Tempo Perso
- Bistrot di Bruno Mezzoli C. S. N. C.
- Agriturismo Palazzo Manzoni
- Pizzeria Abdoni Di Barbara Abdoni & C. Snc
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Ravenna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ravenna and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Address: Via Giuliano Argentario, 22, 48110 Ravenna RA, Italy
- Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Contact Number: +39-0544541688
- Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Timing: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Price: 10 EUR
- Best time to visit Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea(preferred time): 11:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
60.98% of people who visit Ravenna include Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.04% of people start their Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
61.73% of people prefer walking in order to reach Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
People normally club together Basilica San Vitale and Domus Of The Stone Carpets while planning their visit to Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea.