Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
Tours for Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
About Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea, Ravenna
A part of the world heritage list, located in the backyard of San Vitale, the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia in Ravenna is known for its ancient and breathtaking mosaics. The small brick structure dates from around 430 AD, making it one of the oldest monuments in Ravenna. Unlike popular belief, Galla Placidia, a powerful Roman empress, was never buried here but likely commissioned the building.
Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Information
- Last admittance 15 minutes before closing time
- Wheelchair accessible.
Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Tickets Prices
- The ticket includes the entry to Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo, Neonian Baptistery, Basilica of San Vitale, Mausoleum of Galla Placidia and Archiepiscopal Museum and Chapel.
- Reduced Admission- EUR 8.50
How To Get To Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Viale Baracca, Via Maggiore FR Rinascita
Restaurants Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Osteria Del Tempo Perso
- Bistrot di Bruno Mezzoli C. S. N. C.
- Agriturismo Palazzo Manzoni
- Pizzeria Abdoni Di Barbara Abdoni & C. Snc
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Ravenna before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Ravenna and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Via Giuliano Argentario, 22, 48110 Ravenna RA, Italy
Ticket Price: 10 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2.3K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Outdoors, Observatory, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea Tickets And Tours
Join this half day walking tour of Ravenna (2.30 hours). The monuments that normally fit into half a day are: Basilica of San Vitale, Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, Piazza del Popolo, St. Francis' crypt, the tomb of Dante Alighieri, Basilica of Sant'Appollinare Nuovo. Entrance fees included in the tour cost.
See the best of Ravenna in a full-day guided walking tour led by a friendly professional local guide. Ravenna is like no other place in Italy, its Early Christian and Byzantine mosaics are a wonder of the world and their magnificence will leave you breathless. Ravenna is the right place if you wish to experience amazing historical heritage sites and great food.
Get to visit two celebrated Cities-Bologna and Ravenna- with this single tour that assures you the sight of their prominent attractions. Walk down the city’s streets and get acquainted with their culture and tradition while admiring their illustrious attractions and come back with indelible memories.
Get to visit two celebrated Cities-Bologna and Ravenna- with this single tour that assures you the sight of their prominent attractions. Walk down the city’s streets and get acquainted with their culture, tradition and culinary practices while admiring their illustrious attractions and come back with indelible memories.
Share your experience - Rate Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea, Ravenna
Absolutely astonishing mosaic! Probably the most impressive in Ravenna. The entry cost 9,50 € what first sounds expensive. But 4 other UNESCO Sights in Ravenna are also included in the ticket.
Outstanding mosaics. They were so beautiful. We bought the tickets to visit many sites in the city and it doesn't end up being expensive if you got the time.
Absolutely fascinating to see such a well preserved late Roman/Byzantine site. Stunning mosaics.
Inspiring stunning and wow. The mosaics are breathtaking
Amazing mosaics! Well worth a visit for a piece of history and beaty.
- Nearby Attractions
- Arian Baptistry
- Basilica Di San Francesco Ravenna
- Mar- Museo D' Arte Della Citta Di Ravenna
- National Museum Of Ravenna
- Basilica Di S. Giovanni Evangelista
- Garden Of Forgotten Herbs
- Pineta Di Lido Di Classe
- Tamo Museo Del Mosaico
- Teatro Comunale Alighieri
- Duomo Di Ravenna
- Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- 5 Star Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Budget Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Cheap Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Luxury Hotels Near Mausoleo Di Galla Placidea
- Ravenna Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Ravenna
- 2 Days in Ravenna
- 3 Days in Ravenna
- 4 Days in Ravenna
- 5 Days in Ravenna
- 6 Days in Ravenna
- 7 Days in Ravenna