Basildon Park686 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lower Basildon, Reading, West Berkshire RG8 9NR, United Kingdom
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1189843040
- Ticket Price: 9 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Historical Site, Restaurant, Leisure
Perhaps one of the finest examples of a Gregorian mansion surrounded by a lush green parkland, Basildon Park is located near lower Basildon. Although its history before 17th century is scantily recorded the manor was very much present form 13th century. Its construction was never fully completed as there some minor renovations being done continuously when it was passed on to different owners.
What you see today is perfect reconstruction of how it was in the 18th century. Its exteriors are a mixture of many styles. The east side being neo classic and the west affirms more to Palladianism. The central block is split in 3 floors and has an octagonal drawing room, a ball room, receptions rooms and wine cellars. You can even have expert food cooked and served in the restaurant attached.
Entrance Ticket Details For Basildon Park
- Adults: GBP 9.23
- Child: GBP 4.43
- Family: GBP 22.16
- Group Adults: GBP 7.98
- Group Child: GBP 3.99
- For other prices refer website.
Basildon Park Hours
- House: 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm
- Grounds: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
- House tours: 11.00 am to 12.00 pm
- Shop: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Tea room: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
How to Reach Basildon Park
- By Train: Get down on Pangbourne or Goring station. The park is five minutes on a taxi from there.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reading before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reading and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Reading include Basildon Park in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
86.55% of people start their Basildon Park visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Basildon Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basildon Park