How to Reach Reading, United Kingdom
The Easiest Way to Reach Reading
- By Air: The local airport is Heathrow, just 25 minutes west on the M4 at off-peak times. The Heathrow/Reading coach link departs approximately every 20 minutes from Reading Station.
- Gatwick Airport is about an hour and a half by road (M4/M25) and Southampton (Eastleigh) airport is about 1 hour (A33/M3).
- By Train: It is one of the main railway interchanges in the UK and is served by inter-city and regional train services, including services from Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Oxford, Plymouth, Exeter, Cornwall, Portsmouth, Southampton, Swansea, Winchester and York and the airports described above.
- By Car: Reading is served by the M4 motorway, which runs from London to Bristol and South Wales. About an hour's drive from central London, use Junction 11 for central Reading and then follow the signs.
- By Bus: Travel by National Express, from all around the country.
- By Boat: Portsmouth and Southampton ferry services are available.
- By Bus: Relatively expensive, Reading buses operate within the city and some adjoining rural areas while Thames Travel provides services in other rural areas around Reading.
- By Car: Caversham Vehicle Hire and Hertz are local car rentals. The cheapest way to see the countryside, use the Park and Ride services within the city.
- By Taxi: Quite inexpensive, Black cabs can be found outside the Reading Station or on the street. Private cabs have to be called and are un-metered.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Reading and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Reading
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Reading. The most preferred mode of transport in Reading is Car.
Average distance: 15.27 km Average time: 33 min
Car 40%Driving 19 min Overall average time for 9.79 kms 19 min
Bus/Trolleybus 20%Bus 25 min Overall average time for 5 kms 25 min
Walking 20%Walking 50 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 50 min
Train/Metro 20%Train 40 min Bike 12 min Overall average time for 48.28 kms 52 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Reading
- How to reach London
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Northampton
- How to reach Bath
- How to reach Bristol
- How to reach Exeter
- How to reach Henlow
- How to reach Harlow
- How to reach Marlow
- How to Reach Top Cities in United Kingdom
- How to reach Edinburgh
- How to reach Manchester
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach St Andrews
- How to reach Plymouth
- How to reach Leeds
- How to reach Balloch
- How to reach Houghton Le Spring
- How to reach Ruislip
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Barcelona
- How to reach Redondo Beach
- How to reach Vallejo
- How to reach West Palm Beach