How to Reach Reading - The Easiest Way to Reach Reading
- By Air: The local airport is Heathrow, just 25 minutes west on the M4 at off-peak times. The Heathrow/Reading coach link departs approximately every 20 minutes from Reading Station.
- Gatwick Airport is about an hour and a half by road (M4/M25) and Southampton (Eastleigh) airport is about 1 hour (A33/M3).
- By Train: It is one of the main railway interchanges in the UK and is served by inter-city and regional train services, including services from Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, London, Manchester, Oxford, Plymouth, Exeter, Cornwall, Portsmouth, Southampton, Swansea, Winchester and York and the airports described above.
- By Car: Reading is served by the M4 motorway, which runs from London to Bristol and South Wales. About an hour's drive from central London, use Junction 11 for central Reading and then follow the signs.
- By Bus: Travel by National Express, from all around the country.
- By Boat: Portsmouth and Southampton ferry services are available.
- By Bus: Relatively expensive, Reading buses operate within the city and some adjoining rural areas while Thames Travel provides services in other rural areas around Reading.
- By Car: Caversham Vehicle Hire and Hertz are local car rentals. The cheapest way to see the countryside, use the Park and Ride services within the city.
- By Taxi: Quite inexpensive, Black cabs can be found outside the Reading Station or on the street. Private cabs have to be called and are un-metered.
Are you looking for a Reading travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Reading
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Reading. The most preferred mode of transport in Reading is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 13.89 km Average time: 37.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 33.33%Bus 32.5 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 6 kms 42.5 min
Train/Metro 16.67%Train 40 min Bike 12 min Overall average time for 48.28 kms 52 min
Car 33.33%Driving 19 min Overall average time for 9.79 kms 19 min
Walking 16.67%Walking 50 min Overall average time for 3.5 kms 50 min
- How to reach London
- How to reach Southampton
- How to reach Northampton
- How to reach Bath
- How to reach Bristol
- How to reach Weymouth
- How to reach Canterbury
- How to reach Exeter
- How to reach Chester
- How to reach Edinburgh
- How to reach Manchester
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach St Andrews
- How to reach Plymouth
- How to reach Leeds