Mapledurham House32 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mapledurham, Reading RG4 7TR, England, United Kingdom
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-118972335
- Ticket Price: 10 GBP
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Architecture , Heritage Building
This is a huge manor. It is located on the north bank of River Thames. According to the tradition of the time when it was built, the manor is E-Shaped. While the Exteriors are Elizabethan, the interiors are Victorian and Georgian. The house used to belong to the Blount Family. The house offers a glimpse into the past. Through its preserved treasures, artefacts and other belongings, informs the visitors about the lifestyle of the Victorian people. The interiors are very immaculately designed and well maintained. A tour through the house will transport you back in time.
- The carved animal heads
- The Elizabethan Cantilevered staircase
- The Blount Portraits
- The Tudor Staircase
Mapledurham House Travel Tips
- In the morning, you might waste your time waiting in the queue.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mapledurham House
- Free for under 16 when accompanied by adult.
- EUR 8 for seniors.
How to Reach Mapledurham House
- Cruise: Picks you up at 2:00 pm from the Thameside Promenade, Caversham. Takes you to the house and the watermill. Picks you up at 5:00pm to go back to Caversham. (travel duration- 40 minutes, price- GBP 8.50)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reading before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reading and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.53% of people who visit Reading include Mapledurham House in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
90.83% of people start their Mapledurham House visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Mapledurham House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mapledurham House