Are you looking for what to do in Reading?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE: Culturally and historically significant sights and tours are plenty in Reading.
- Forbury Gardens: These beautiful formal gardens were once part of Reading Abbey and were restored to their former glory in 2005.
- Museum of Reading: Situated in Reading's Victorian Town Hall, the museum explores the entire history of the area.
- Silchester Roman Town: Known to the Romans as ‘CallevaAtrebatum’, Silchester was abandoned after the Roman era. Take the train to Bramley and follow the Silchester trail.
- Salters Steamers: Day trips from Reading to Henley-on-Thames are organised- a good way to get pretty river views.
- Broad Street: An iconic shopping street in Reading, enjoy the various shops and restaurants. Stop by the old United Reformed Church.
Below we have a list of things to do in Reading and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Reading getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Reading with confidence.