Instituto Ricardo BrennandCurrently Closed
- Address: Alameda Antonio Brennand, s/n - Sao Joao - Varzea, Recife - PE, 50791-904, Brazil
- Timings: 01:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-8121210352
- Ticket Price: 20 BRL
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
About Instituto Ricardo Brennand, Recife
Ricardo Brennand, was a British descended Brazilian collector and businessman, who began to amass a collection of arms and armoury from all over the world in 1940. Much later, he grew interested in art and artefacts relating to Dutch colonial Brazil. In 2002, his collection was made into a fascinating museum in a Tudor-style castle complex of 77,000 square meters, surrounded by a 18,000 hectares garden.
At the museum, you’ll find:
- Armoury: With 3000 objects covering weapons (daggers, stilettos, swords, maces, flails, halberds, crossbows, knives, pocketknives), full plate armours, shields, helmets, gauntlets and chain mails; this is one of the largest collections of its kind in the world.
- Decorative arts, furniture and tapestries: objects from Europe, Asia and Africa, from as far back as the 17th century, including stained glass windows, furniture, candelabra, Chinese ceramics and musical instruments
- Dutch Brazil: a collection with an intense focus on the 17th century Dutch occupation of Brazilian Northeast, including one of the largest collections of paintings by Frans Post, collections of emergency coins, manuscripts, silverware and other artefacts.
- Visual arts: paintings, sculptures, prints and drawings dating back to the 15th century, mostly Brazil related, but a decent European collection too.
Instituto Ricardo Brennand Ticket Prices
- R$ 10.00 for disabled, seniors, students, and teachers.
- Free for under 7.
- Free on the last Tuesday of the month.
How To reach Instituto Ricardo Brennand by Public Transport
- Buses 302, 432 stop Rua Isaac Buril, 1443
- Buses 202, 330, 424 stop Rua Luiz Freire, 900
- Buses 202, 302, 330, 424, 431, 432, 440, 2902 stop Rua Helio Ramos, 56
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Instituto Ricardo Brennand
95% of people who visit Recife include Instituto Ricardo Brennand in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
92.96% of people start their Instituto Ricardo Brennand visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Instituto Ricardo Brennand
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Instituto Ricardo Brennand
Instituto Ricardo Brennand Map
Instituto Ricardo Brennand Trips
Instituto Ricardo Brennand, Recife Reviews
It’s very interesting place and it is very sexually as of human’s organs. Use your imagination when you look at these arts. 😏
A rich man's megalomaniac dream - and you pay an expensive price for that (30BRL - March 2018) Nice place, but no descriptions, so you just wander and admire stuff that you have no idea where do they come from, the period, nothing, with terrible illumination and curatorship. It's far and hard to get there via public transportation, taxis are expensive and Ubers are far away, taking a long way to get there
It is an interesting colletion of weapons, there is and area where one can eat but the green surrounding is amasing. It's worth visiting.
Natural beauty along with lots of art and history make this place a must when it comes to visiting Recife.
É um lugar interessante, porém algumas artes são estranhas e passam sentimentos ruins. Não tinha um guia para explicar a história do museu.
All QuestionsInstituto ricardo brennand
- Saint Paul Lutheran Church
- Hope Lutheran Church
- Alcona Township Library
- Whitetail Bend Campground
- Spruce Shadow Farms Riding Stable
- Hubbard Baptist Church
- Hubbard Lake Marine
- Hunting Deer Blinds
- Vlachos Acres Airport
- Chippewa Hills Pathways Trails
- Texas Fort Worth Mission
- Lucky 777
- Lakeview Airport-30f
- Lake Cities Lighthouse Assembly Of God
- West Lake Boat Repair