Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue91 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rua do Bom Jesus, 197 - Recife, 50030-170, Brazil
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-8132248351
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Historical Site, Archaeological Site , Synagogue
The first synagogue in the Americas was founded in 1636 by Jews fleeing forced conversion in Spain and Portugal. Though the original building doesn’t exist anymore, there is on the site a museum that is meant to resemble the synagogues built in the 17th and 18th centuries by Sephardic Jews. Also, the original structure has been dug back out of the earth, so the museum also counts as an archaeological site. Learn the full story at the museum. The staff is knowledgeable, and the displays are intriguing. The museum is now an important centre of Jewish cultural activity in Recife.
Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue Hours
- Admission closed 30 minutes before closing time.
How to Reach Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.2% of people who visit Recife include Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue in their plan
26.09% of people start their Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue