Madre Deus ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: Cais da Alfandega - Recife, PE, 50030-020, Brazil Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +55-8132245587
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Architecture
This Roman Catholic Church was completed in 1720. Though damaged by fire in 1971, the church has been restored to beauty. It’s not very large, but it certainly is elegant. Inside, the church is beautifully decorated with religious paintings, rosewood furniture and the image of the Lord Bom Jesus dos Passos. The frescoes on the ceiling are especially beautiful. The obvious charm of this décor had made the church a popular place to get married among the wealthier classes of Recife. That’s probably why it seems to be so dear to the city. Try and visit the church a little before sunset. The views are the best at that time.
How to Reach Madre Deus Church
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Madre Deus Church Address: Cais da Alfandega - Recife, PE, 50030-020, Brazil
- Madre Deus Church Contact Number: +55-8132245587
- Madre Deus Church Timing: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Madre Deus Church(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Madre Deus Church: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
11.11% of people who visit Recife include Madre Deus Church in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
95% of people start their Madre Deus Church visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Madre Deus Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Madre Deus Church
People normally club together CAIXA Cultural Recife and Pernambuco House Of Culture while planning their visit to Madre Deus Church.