Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife - Address
Address: Av. Alfredo Lisboa, s/n - Recife, PE, 50030-150, Brazil
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Light House, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts, Sculpture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife
This extremely pretty square, also known as Ground Zero, is where the Portuguese founded Recife in 1857. Kilometre 0 is marked with a plaque. Elegant and grand historic buildings surround the square on three sides; the vast oceans spread out to the horizon on the fourth.
Sights at the square include:
- The bust of Baron of Rio Branco by Felix Charpeutier.
- The Reef Lighthouse.
- The centre of the square has a giant floor mosaic, a compass rose called the Rose of the Winds.
- The Maurice of Nassau building and the Trade of Pernambuco Association and the Stock Exchange building, both of French architecture. They house important organisations, including the excellent arts and crafts market, and the Cultural Center of the "Caixa".
- The Park of Sculptures.
It’s a good place to watch people too, as the crowds are usually out on weekends, especially Sunday.
How To reach Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife Reviews
Great day with an amazing view! You have plenty of options to have meals and many places to look around besides the fact of the cultural attractions
Nice place to visit the old part of town, have some food, there’s also an art shop nearby. Really nice place!
It's a nice place to have good food, meet new people and enjoy the awesome view of the city.
Not really welcoming place, as this is a brasilian place only. Foreign people are nlt welcome and do not invit the concerned persons. It happens so that finally the place get a bad behaviour
Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful. If you haven't been here, your missing out. Just a block from here there's bar's with live music specially at night. Great place for bar hopping. Very nice crowd.