Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, RecifeCurrently Open
- Address: Av. Alfredo Lisboa, s/n - Recife, PE, 50030-150, Brazil
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts, Sculpture
About Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife
This extremely pretty square, also known as Ground Zero, is where the Portuguese founded Recife in 1857. Kilometre 0 is marked with a plaque. Elegant and grand historic buildings surround the square on three sides; the vast oceans spread out to the horizon on the fourth.
Sights at the square include:
- The bust of Baron of Rio Branco by Felix Charpeutier.
- The Reef Lighthouse.
- The centre of the square has a giant floor mosaic, a compass rose called the Rose of the Winds.
- The Maurice of Nassau building and the Trade of Pernambuco Association and the Stock Exchange building, both of French architecture. They house important organisations, including the excellent arts and crafts market, and the Cultural Center of the "Caixa".
- The Park of Sculptures.
It’s a good place to watch people too, as the crowds are usually out on weekends, especially Sunday.
How To reach Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco
95% of people who visit Recife include Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
42.06% of people start their Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco
80.92% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife Reviews
One of the finest tourist attractions for both visitors and locals. Ideal for some sightseeing as you have a chat with friends over good beer and tidbits.
Very nice. It's windy and broad; one of the best reference points in Recife.
Great day with an amazing view! You have plenty of options to have meals and many places to look around besides the fact of the cultural attractions
Nice place to visit the old part of town, have some food, there’s also an art shop nearby. Really nice place!
Awesome place to spend time with friends, and it is also a nice touristic area