Marco Zero At Praca Rio BrancoCurrently Open
- Address: Av. Alfredo Lisboa, s/n - Recife, PE, 50030-150, Brazil
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Light House, Family And Kids, Architecture , Arts And Crafts, Sculpture
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco - Review
This extremely pretty square, also known as Ground Zero, is where the Portuguese founded Recife in 1857. Kilometre 0 is marked with a plaque. Elegant and grand historic buildings surround the square on three sides; the vast oceans spread out to the horizon on the fourth.
Sights at the square include:
- The bust of Baron of Rio Branco by Felix Charpeutier.
- The Reef Lighthouse.
- The centre of the square has a giant floor mosaic, a compass rose called the Rose of the Winds.
- The Maurice of Nassau building and the Trade of Pernambuco Association and the Stock Exchange building, both of French architecture. They house important organisations, including the excellent arts and crafts market, and the Cultural Center of the "Caixa".
- The Park of Sculptures.
It’s a good place to watch people too, as the crowds are usually out on weekends, especially Sunday.
How To reach Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco
95% of people who visit Recife include Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
39% of people start their Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco
81.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco Map
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco Trips
1 View12 Days 11 Nights12 Day Trip to Rio De Janeiro, Recife, Salvador from LondonBy: Guest UserCity: Rio De Janeiro, Recife, Salvador
Marco Zero At Praca Rio Branco, Recife Reviews
Sunday is in this square has special taste. Hope you understand how people are coming here to enjoy it. Some were playing some kind of dance, sport whatever you like to call it. Plenty others were driving their bicycles. Others just walking around taking selfies. The Ice cream in side on the corner "Frutos do Brasil" was very nice especially after a long walk around. The weather was incredible, sunny, cloudy, rainy! But very nice! Hope you have the best of it. Private cars were not allowed around. Taxi was available beside the middle bridge.
Old Recife. Main city mark. By the day you can see Francisco Brennand's sculptures.
What happens with an individual who spends a while at this place, can be described only by magical and no other way less expressive
This should be a memorable place for the city, since all started here with what they say is Kilometer Zero. However what you see is a piece of city that is frozen in time, with lots of not well maintained buildings, people desperate to get you to buy anything they can sell and worse, they force you to buy to park in a public street.
It is a square to mark where the city started. Nice place to begin a city tour.
All QuestionsMarco zero at praca rio branco
- Whitaker, Restia
- Restoration Church
- CSX Transportation
- Good Shepard Center
- Rccg House Of Glory Baltimore
- Shiloh Ministries
- Holy Nativity Lutheran Church
- Church Of God Worship Center Rev Ron Scott
- Lansdowne United Church
- Victory Christian Life Center
- Elmira Baptist Church
- Patocca Lower Lake Dam
- Patocca Upper Lake Dam
- Hagen Father Gerald
- Trinity Lutheran Church Missouri Synod