Recife Antigo, Recife
Recife Antigo, Recife - Address, Phone Number
Address: R.do Apolo, 181 - Recife, PE, 50030-210, Brazil
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.7K times in trip plans
Bar, Church, Museum, Historical Site, Pubs, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Synagogue, Nightlife, Nightclub, Port
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Recife Antigo, Recife
The port at Recife Antigo was once the busiest in all of the Americas. It’s where the Portuguese initially settled in the 16th century, and later, the Jewish community. Today, it is at once the city’s most important historical centre, and the site of the city’s night-time debauchery, full of excellent bars and nightclubs. During the daytime, Sunday, there is a lively market of quality artisanry in dresses, jewellery and ceramics.
Sights to see:
- Madre de Deus (Mother of God) Church
- Military Museum (Museu Militar)
- Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue – the first synagogue in the Americas
- Malakoff Tower Cultural Obseratory (Torre Malakoff)
- Paco Alfandega Shopping Mall
- Downtown Pub – a British themed pub
- Marco Zero – the founding spot of the city
- Paco de Frevo
The last Sunday of the month in the Antigo is something of a party. Altogether, the Antigo is Recife’s most charming quarter.
How To reach Recife Antigo by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Recife Antigo Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Recife
Recife Antigo, Recife Reviews - Write a Review