Tours for Recife Antigo
About Recife Antigo, Recife
The port at Recife Antigo was once the busiest in all of the Americas. It’s where the Portuguese initially settled in the 16th century, and later, the Jewish community. Today, it is at once the city’s most important historical centre, and the site of the city’s night-time debauchery, full of excellent bars and nightclubs. During the daytime, Sunday, there is a lively market of quality artisanry in dresses, jewellery and ceramics.
Sights to see:
- Madre de Deus (Mother of God) Church
- Military Museum (Museu Militar)
- Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue – the first synagogue in the Americas
- Malakoff Tower Cultural Obseratory (Torre Malakoff)
- Paco Alfandega Shopping Mall
- Downtown Pub – a British themed pub
- Marco Zero – the founding spot of the city
- Paco de Frevo
The last Sunday of the month in the Antigo is something of a party. Altogether, the Antigo is Recife’s most charming quarter.
How To Get To Recife Antigo by Public Transport
- Buses 117, 411, 513, 1900, 1911, 1926, 1927, 1946, 1958, 1967, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1983, 1992 stop Teatro Hermilio Barbosa Filho
- Buses 100, 107, 411, 414, 513, 611 stop Ef Escola De Magistratura Federal
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Recife before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Recife and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: R.do Apolo, 181 - Recife, PE, 50030-210, Brazil
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 1.6K times in trip plans
Bar, Church, Museum, Historical Site, Pubs, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Synagogue, Nightlife, Nightclub, Port
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Recife Antigo Tickets And Tours
Unforgettable ride through the waters of the Capibaribe River covering the three islands in the center of Recife; Santo Antonio, Recife Antigo and Boa Vista.
You will also be passing under five bridges: Bridge September 12, MaurÃcio de Nassau Bridge, Bridge Manuel Buarque de Macedo Bridge Elizabeth and princess Bridge Duarte Coelho.
On board, we have the presence of a guide who will tell us stories and curiosities about Recife.
Come and experience Olinda and Recife, the 'Venice of Brazil' on this 5-hours city tour! See all the highlights of these city, including a stop at Convento de SÃ£o Francisco , Alto da SÃ© Square, MisericÃ³rdia Church , Mercado da Ribeira com osÂ Bonecos Gigantes de Olinda, Monestry of SÃ£o Bento and Instituto Ricardo Brennand. Learn about the culture, history and architecture of this UNESCO World Heritage city from your knowledgeable guide as you travel around the city by a VIP van which has DVD, TV, WIFI, double air conditioned and comfortable seats.
Experience Recife, the 'Venice of Brazil', on this 5-hour city tour! Accompanied by a guide and small-group of no more than 15, see highlights such as the Park of Statues and Casa da Cultura. We will make multiple stops and you will be given the opportunity to shop and explore independently as well.
Share your experience - Rate Recife Antigo, Recife
- Nearby Attractions
- Paiva Beach
- Coroa Do Aviao Beach
- Teatro De Santa Isabel
- Kahal Zur Israel Synagogue
- Embaixada Dos Bonecos Gigantes
- Mirabilandia Parque De Diversoes
- CAIXA Cultural Recife
- Parque Dona Lindu
- Madre Deus Church
- Rua João Scussel
- Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- 5 Star Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- Budget Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- Cheap Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- Luxury Hotels Near Recife Antigo
- Recife Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Recife
- 2 Days in Recife
- 3 Days in Recife
- 4 Days in Recife
- 5 Days in Recife
- 6 Days in Recife
- 7 Days in Recife