Are you looking for what to do in Recife?
THINGS TO SEE
- Instituto Ricardo Brennand: a vast collection of arms and armoury and fine art by British descended Brazilian collector, housed in a massive complex.
- Recife Antigo: The historic centre of the city of Recife. Apart from being location of Ground Zero, it also has a great nightlife, museums, religious buildings, and views of the sea. Architecture here is very charming and worth watching.
- Boa Viagem: The neighbourhood with one of Brazil’s most popular beaches. Most tourists stay in this area. It’s all about shopping, nightlife and eating.
- Oficina Ceramica Francisco Brennand: Outside of town, the works of Francisco Brennand lie scattered around an old colonial estate. Surreal, bizarre, sexual, his art - painting, mosaic tiles, sculpture – are all provocative.
- Casa da Cultura Pernambuco: A former prison that has now been made into a arts and crafts centre with the purpose of propping up local artisans.
THINGS TO DO
- Catamaran Tours - Passeios Pelo Rio Capibaribe e Outros: Take in Recife from an angle that most people tend to miss out on – from the waters. Nothing better than a sunset boat tour.
- Ciclofaixa: A cycling tour of the city. Unexpectedly enriching.
- Aquaticos Diving Center: Train up, and then dive down to an offshore wreck, of which there are hundreds.Travel guides necessary.
Below we have a list of things to do in Recife and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Recife getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Recife with confidence.