About Redlands Bowl, Redlands
The Redlands Bowl is an amphitheatre in Redlands, California, USA, founded in 1924, and used for music and theatrical performances that are offered to the public with no admission charge. The existing structure was commissioned and built by Florence and Clarence White as a gift to the City of Redlands in 1931. A portion of Proverbs 29:18, "Without vision a people perish", is inscribed across the frieze above the stage. The Redlands Shakespeare Festival has occurred the last three weekends in May every year since its inception in 2004, presenting three full-scale Shakespearean productions in repertory, along with a series of educational lectures, community workshops, and special events. The 2014 festival was canceled. The Redlands Bowl Summer Music Festival takes place each summer from late June through August, with 18-20 programs in diverse musical genres offered on Tuesday and Friday nights. It is the oldest continuous music festival in the United States at which no admission is charged. Besides the Shakespeare festival and music festival, the Redlands Bowl occasionally serves as a venue for other productions and community events.Wikipedia
Overview of Redlands Bowl
On your visit to Redlands, consider visiting Redlands Bowl. Redlands Bowl is not generally crowded with tourists and visitors.
Attractions like Mcinnis Canyon National Conservation Area are the usual crowd pullers of Redlands and you might easily miss out Redlands Bowl amidst these top things to do.
More about Redlands
Personalize your visit to the city by chalking out a plan using Redlands trip planner.
Add accommodation and hotels in Redlands that suit your budget including the most recommended ones like Sunshine Motel, Comfort Inn Moreno Valley Near March Air Reserve Base and Comfort Inn And Suites Colton.
Share your experience - Rate Redlands Bowl, Redlands
Just grab any parking spot you find on the way and plan to walk a little bit. Bug spray is a good idea, along with your seat cushion or lawn chair. Picnics, snacks, nosh, beverages are encouraged; bring your own favorites or enjoy the hotdogs and ice cream on offer. There are no gates or tickets, but you can show your appreciation with a donation during intermission. Oh, and the performances are good too!
Get here early, say an hour before the event, to ensure you get a good spot or not if you aren't picky. The lawn seats tend to fill up faster than the benches. Bring lots of picnic food or cash for concessions. Bring a blanket and or beach chairs for the lawn seats. Prepare to be amazed.
Such a wonderful experience! Everyone should take the time to bring friends and family. Sit out under the stars and enjoy great music and entertainment.
Love this venue. Perfect for a mid summer night entertainment. Quality shows. Nicely organized. Friendly volunteers. Beautiful neighborhood.
Really enjoyed the show! It's been many years since the last time I was at Redlands Bowl, but so glad to be able to come back again! Had a great experience!!
- Other Attractions
- Middleport Public Library
- United Methodist Church
- Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- Community Fellowship Church
- Jehovah's Witnesses Middleport
- The Hub
- Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Ch
- Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area
- Middleport Ball Park
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Middleport City Center
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Middleport Public Library
- Budget Hotels Near United Methodist Church
- Cheap Hotels Near Holy Cross Lutheran Church
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Community Fellowship Church
- 5 Star Hotels Near Jehovah's Witnesses Middleport
- Cheap Hotels Near The Hub
- Hotels Near Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Ch
- Budget Hotels Near Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area
- Budget Hotels Near Middleport Ball Park
- City Tripplans
- Trip to Redlands
- 3 Days Trip to redlands
- 5 Days Trip to redlands
- 3 Day Trip to Redlands from San Bernardino
- 6 Days Trip to redlands
- 4 Days Trip to redlands
- 2 Days Trip to redlands
- 1 Day Trip to redlands
- 18 Day Trip to San Diego, Monterey, Santa Barbara, Anaheim, San Luis Obispo, Carmel-by-the-sea, Redlands from San Francisco
- Trip to Redlands