Alte KapelleCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Schwarze-Baren-Strabe 7, 93047 Regensburg, Germany.
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-94157973
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church
With a magnificent interior decorated with rich rococo, this church boasts of a thousand years old history. There are Gothic vaulted ceilings which were added to it in middle ages. Inside this chapel you will be able to see:
- Miraculous image, which depicts the Virgin Mary holding the infant Jesus.
- If you look closer at the white and gold rococo, you shall be able to see the original structure of the three-nave pillar basilica.
- The Pope-Benedict-organ in the Old Chapel.
- Bus 1, 6 and 11.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Regensburg include Alte Kapelle in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
30.98% of people start their Alte Kapelle visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Alte Kapelle
59.67% of people prefer walking in order to reach Alte Kapelle
Rococo art at its best.. enough said.. 1 star off because of the iron grills
Wonderful little church. Luckily, with god's love, they have found a way to keep the visitors, and their dirty feet, out of harm's way. By erecting a sturdy iron fence, to keep the riff-raff away from 80% of the pretty interior.
Fascinated by the pipe organ and interior design
a glimse of paradise! where heaven meets earth!!! on of the most finest churches ever!