Located in the rooms of former bishop’s residence, this Museum displays the Cathedral treasury pieces belonging to the middle Ages towards the modern era. Since Regensburg was considered to be the centre of the Goldsmith’s art till the 18th century, it would be quite interesting to see the collection which contributed to the city’s success in this craft. Inside the museum you shall see:
- Precious Crucifixes.
- Claices and Pastorals: They can be seen in the finest gold embroidery garments.
- Equipment and sacral vestments.
- The famous email box, which was probably made around 1400 in one of the workshops of the French royal courts.
- 11000 gold stars and melted in enamel painted fantastic mythical creatures.
Entrance Ticket Details For Domschatz Museum
- Students, Group of 15 people: € 1,50
- Entry is free for Children.
How to Reach Domschatz Museum
- Nearest Bus Stop: Haltestelle Praglinie.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
53.73% of people who visit Regensburg include Domschatz Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
49.67% of people start their Domschatz Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Domschatz Museum
58.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Domschatz Museum