Haidplatz SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Haidplatz Square, 93047 Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany.
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Walking Area, Restaurant, Family And Kids, Tower
Haidplatz Square - Review
This cultural centre of Regensburg is one of the oldest squares in the city. The area is a beautiful place for a leisure walk as it is traffic free. As you stroll around the square there are a number of old buildings that shall catch your eyes. Some of these are:
- The restaurant “Zum Goldenen Kreuz” (The Golden Cross), where Kaiser Karl V was a regular visitor. The house along with its tower and private chapel has been serving as an inn ever since 16th century and has given accommodation to numerous princes and emperors.
- The neo-classical Thon-Dittmer-Palais (Thon-Dittmer Palace)
- On the ground floor of the building of “Neuer Waag” (New Scales) you can see the carving of “Stadtmäuschen” (Little City Mouse) which is supposed to bring good luck when rubbed.
- In the centre of this square stands the baroque Fountain of Justice.
How To reach Haidplatz Square by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus stop: Haltestelle Praglinie.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Haidplatz Square
95% of people who visit Regensburg include Haidplatz Square in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
35.63% of people start their Haidplatz Square visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Haidplatz Square
62.57% of people prefer walking in order to reach Haidplatz Square