Palaris Thurn Und TaxisCurrently Closed
- Address: Emmeramsplatz 5, 93047 Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany.
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-94150480
- Ticket Price: 14 EUR
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Tour, Historical Site, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis - Review
Also known as the Palace of Saint Emmeram, the house unfolds the centuries old history of Thurn and Taxis. The cloisters of Emmeram were built between 11th and 14th century. The Palace was given to the family of Franz Von Taxis in the 16th century as recognition of his services of setting up the first European postal system. Today it is one of the most modern Palaces in Europe. You can visit this Palace only through the guided tours which take you to the basilica and Schatzkammer museum inside. This museum displays the jewellery, porcelain and precious furnishings.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Information
- The palace can only be viewed with a guided tour. These tours are available on a regular basis year around.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Ticket Prices
- 13. 50 Euro 11.00 Euro (reduced) for premium tours and 10 Euro and 8.50 Euro (reduced) for compact tour.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Hours
- Visit the place according to the timings of Guided Tours.
- The Guided Tours usually take place at 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 4:30pm from March to November and 10.30a.m, 1.30pm, 3.30p.m from November until March.
- Timings change according to the season. Please check with the museum office before your visit.
How To reach Palaris Thurn Und Taxis by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Regensburg Hbf.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Palaris Thurn Und Taxis
88.38% of people who visit Regensburg include Palaris Thurn Und Taxis in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40.14% of people start their Palaris Thurn Und Taxis visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Palaris Thurn Und Taxis
60.16% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Palaris Thurn Und Taxis
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Trips
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis, Regensburg Reviews
The palace is very beautiful. It is nice to learn the history of Germany, which is where I was born.
Staff at the information centre are very rude. Cash only (2018).
Very nice tour! List of beautiful sights
Very neat tour to be had with the royal coaches, clothing and so on! It's a shame we had to miss the palace your as there was an event going on that day!