Palaris Thurn Und Taxis, Regensburg
About Palaris Thurn Und Taxis, Regensburg
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis, Regensburg - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Emmeramsplatz 5, 93047 Regensburg, Bavaria, Germany.
Ticket Price: 14 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.9K times in trip plans
Museum, Tour, Historical Site, Palace, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Also known as the Palace of Saint Emmeram, the house unfolds the centuries old history of Thurn and Taxis. The cloisters of Emmeram were built between 11th and 14th century. The Palace was given to the family of Franz Von Taxis in the 16th century as recognition of his services of setting up the first European postal system. Today it is one of the most modern Palaces in Europe. You can visit this Palace only through the guided tours which take you to the basilica and Schatzkammer museum inside. This museum displays the jewellery, porcelain and precious furnishings.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Information
- The palace can only be viewed with a guided tour. These tours are available on a regular basis year around.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Ticket Prices
- 13. 50 Euro 11.00 Euro (reduced) for premium tours and 10 Euro and 8.50 Euro (reduced) for compact tour.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis Opening and Closing Hours
- Visit the place according to the timings of Guided Tours.
- The Guided Tours usually take place at 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:30pm and 4:30pm from March to November and 10.30a.m, 1.30pm, 3.30p.m from November until March.
- Timings change according to the season. Please check with the museum office before your visit.
How To reach Palaris Thurn Und Taxis by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Regensburg Hbf.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Palaris Thurn Und Taxis, Regensburg Reviews - Write a Review
Very nice tour! List of beautiful sights
Very neat tour to be had with the royal coaches, clothing and so on! It's a shame we had to miss the palace your as there was an event going on that day!
Very interesting castle
Beautiful place for the festival and I guess also for a Christmas market. I was there to see a Joan baez concert and the ambient was beautiful, it just felt a bit contradictory at the very fancy place with expensive drinks and posh people.
I like that kind of markets a lot. And this was beautiful as well.
- Nearby Attractions
- Sorat Insel-hotel
- Castle Hotel Regensburg
- Grand Hotel Orphee
- Donaustrand Aka. Paradies
- Watmarkt 7
- Alter Kornmarkt
- Regensburg Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Regensburg
- What to See in 48 Hours in Regensburg
- What to See in 72 Hours in Regensburg
- How to Spend 5 Days in Regensburg
- How to Spend 6 Days in Regensburg
- How to Spend 7 Days in Regensburg