Regensburg Museum Of HistoryCurrently Closed
- Address: Dachaupl. 2-4, 93047 Regensburg, Germany.
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-9415072448
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, History Museum, Family And Kids
Regensburg Museum Of History - Review
Located inside a former Minorite monastery, this museum exhibits the history, art and culture of Regensburg and eastern Bavaria from the Stone Age to the present day. The highlights of museum include:
- Relics of the Roman period, such as a stone tablet marking the establishment of a garrison at Regensburg in the 2nd century.
- There's also a stone altar to the Roman god Mercury, as well as several Christian tombstones.
The museum is spread over three departments which are categorized as:
- Department History: This department offers history under the title “The prehistoric Oberpfalz” which is a detailed overview of the regional development of the Old Stone Age to the end of the Celtic Civilization.Its exhibits include: -Arch of the oldest artefact of Upper Palantine, 250,000 year old hand axe from Posing & Ideological tombs which include “first Regensburger”.
- Department Roman Regensburg:This section includes impressive range of testimonies from the period of the 1st to 5th century AD. It is a time travel into the Roman Regensburg age with reconstruction of structures, everyday life and high level of civilization.
- Department Regensburg in the Middle Ages: This section still maintains the original structure of monitory monastery. It shall introduce you to the diverse economic activities to everyday life and art of the city and the entire region.
Regensburg Museum Of History Ticket Prices
- Concession: € 1.10(persons under 18 years, disabled and senior citizens).
- € 4.40 for a family ticket.
- Free for children under 7 years.
How To reach Regensburg Museum Of History by Public Transport
- Nearest Bus Stop: Regensburg Hbf, Line 15 Bus.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Regensburg Museum Of History
70.87% of people who visit Regensburg include Regensburg Museum Of History in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
47.58% of people start their Regensburg Museum Of History visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Regensburg Museum Of History
57.02% of people prefer walking in order to reach Regensburg Museum Of History
Regensburg Museum Of History Trips
Regensburg Museum Of History, Regensburg Reviews
Great museum, one of the highlights of my visit. High quality English audio guide available for both the Roman and medieval sections.
It's quite interesting and kids 'll also enjoy ...
If you like to learn about history of regensburg, you should visit that place. You need max 40 minutes and after you can have a good coffee at the museum cafe.
A cute little museum with a good variety of local archaeology. Went for the Romans, was surprised by the medieval stuff (including some tombstones in Arabic and Hebrew). Entry prices aren't expensive (€5 adult, €2.50 student) which makes up for the relative smallness. Overall a great little museum and worth a visit if you run out of things to do on a day trip!