The Old TownCurrently Open
- Address: Rathausplatz 4, D-93047 Regensburg., Germany
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Church, Square, Street Market, Family And Kids, Tower, Old Town, Streets
Listed as one of the World Heritage Sites, the Old Town of Regensburg is centred on Alter Kornmarkt, or Old Cornmarket. The area still preserves the oldest surviving structures which include ancient Roman, Romanesque and Gothic buildings. As you visit this historic location, you will be able to see:
- The Roman Tower that dates to 2nd century
- Herzogshof, a residence of the Dukes of Bavaria
- Moving towards the south direction, you shall be able to see the Old Chapel (Alte Kapelle) which dates back to 1002.
- 17th-century Baroque Carmelite Church
- Kepler House, where astronomer Johannes Kepler died in 1630. The House is now converted into a museum.
- The Old Town Hall (Altes Rathaus) dating from the 14th - 18th centuries with its historical apartments, medieval courtroom, art collection, and antiquities.
- Do visit the Imperial Hall (Reichssaal) which is the famous meeting-place of the first German parliament from 1663-1806.
- Bus 6, 10, 11 to Galgenberg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Regensburg before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Regensburg and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Regensburg include The Old Town in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
36.9% of people start their The Old Town visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see The Old Town
67.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Old Town