Are you looking for what to do in Regensburg?
PLACES TO SEE
- Regensburg Cathedral: This 13th century Cathedral of St. Peter looks impressive with its 105 meters high spires and magnificent west front which dates back to 1395 to 1440. This is one of the most beautiful Gothic churches in Bavaria.
- The Stone Bridge: The bridge is an impressive 12th century structure which serves as an example of medieval engineering. Take a stroll on it and look at the beautiful views of Danube River and Regensburg city.
- Walhalla: Situated just 11 kilometers east of Regensburg, Walhalla is the famous German Temple of Fame which resembles the Parthenon in Athens. Standing 96 meters above Danube, the structure offers spectacular views of the River.
- Old Town: Situated in the heart of Regensburg, Old Town is the World Heritage Site which houses the famous Town Hall.
THINGS TO DO
- Document Neupfarrplatz: A tour inside the subterranean Document Neupfarrplatz offers an access to the excavations of 16th century Jewish quarter. The tour also features a multimedia presentation about the square’s history.
- Romantic Christmas Market at Thurn and Taxis Palace: This is a world famous Christmas getaway which offers mulled wine creations and many traditional food snacks in an enchanting and sensual atmosphere.
- City Tour: This 45 minutes city tour introduces you to the Old Town and the history of Regensburg. During the tour you shall be having a glance at the Dom (Cathedral), the old Rathaus (Town Hall) and the Steinerne Brucke (Stone Bridge) to the castle of Thurn and Taxis, from patrician towers and the Danube to the historic Wurstkuchl (wurst restaurant).
Below we have a list of things to do in Regensburg and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Regensburg getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Regensburg with confidence.