Visit Reims - Best of Reims
If you adore wine, this place is definitely a haven for you. Take your sips of wine as you meander through the streets of history. Reims is a pure indulgence in art, in history and in wine. Located at north east of Paris, featuring prominently in the Adreinne- region of France, the city of Reims (spelled as “Rheims” in English) is well known for its panoramic view of the Gothic domes of cathedrals, the abode of champagne and rich with history, it provides its tourists with an exquisite experience. The city stands conspicuous as it served a significant role in the French monarchical history. The cathedral of Reims will make you revisit its imperious history as it has seen the initiation of the reign of at least 34 sovereigns spread over a millennium (816 to 1825). The lovers of champagne would love to divulge in a city which caters to their taste buds for wine. Taittinger alone claims to have at least three million bottles lying in the former wine cellars waiting to be enjoyed be the connoisseurs of wine.
The city will offer you with atleast four sites which posses UNESCO World Heritage Status-Notre-Dame de Reims, Palais du Tau (the cathedral museum), Saint – Remi Basilica and its museum. The tourists shall be wonderstruck by the art and architecture of the city offering an enchanting melange of Romanesque, Gothic and Renaissance forms. Rising from the ruins of the First World War when most of it was flattened,the city stands for strength and vitality as it was rebuilt using Art Deco form of style. Revamped and restored, the city now offers a delightful confluence of pedestrian boulevards, architectural ruins and Art Deco cafes.
Reims Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Reims tips for your visit
- Reims is a historic monumental city. Do revisit your pages of French and Reims’ history in order to understand its monuments, streets and architecture.
- French love their language. It would be ideal if you learn few basic words of communication in order to get in sync with the local people.
- Beware of purchasing cheap champagne which will make your trip sour.
- If you are visiting in March, do not forget to pack your umbrella. It can rain when you least expect it.
- Sometimes May and June can be rather chilly. So don’t forget to add winter pullovers or jackets for these months.
- Local attractions provide you with audioguides and maps are available everywhere. Don’t forget to pick these before visiting any local attractions.
- Since there are a plenty of Champagne Houses in the region, do shortlist the ones which you want to visit. Reservations can be made beforehand at most of the Champagne houses.
Travel to Reims- Know before you go to Reims
Attractions in Reims
Reims Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Reims
Reims Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Reims