Abbey Of Saint RemiCurrently Closed
- Address: Place du Chanoine Ladame, 51100 Reims, France
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +333-26853120
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Monument, Family And Kids
This Abbey of Saint Remi boasts of a sublime interior which measures over 120 metres in length and 58 metres in width, and the central nave is as high as 28 metres. This Gothic structure was built in the 11th century and incorporates within itself distinguishable Romanesque columns, archs and windows. The Abbey is named after 5th century Saint Remi who was considered to be the patron Saint of the citizens of Reims: surviving the destruction of WWI, the monument is the oldest Church in Reims. Even though, parts of this Abbey have seen ruined because of the bombings, yet the structure has been meticulously preserved and adds itself as an attraction to French tourism.
Abbey Of Saint Remi Travel Tips
- Visit the place during the day as the interiors might not be well lit.
- Free for children till 16 years old and for unemployed visitors.
How to Reach Abbey Of Saint Remi
- Nearest Stations- Intermarche Super, Elephant Beau.
- Le Flechambault
- Le Square
- Restorante ( for Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reims before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reims and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.7% of people who visit Reims include Abbey Of Saint Remi in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
60.75% of people start their Abbey Of Saint Remi visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Abbey Of Saint Remi
51.92% of people prefer walking in order to reach Abbey Of Saint Remi