Events and Festivals in Reims
Reims’ festivals take place throughout the year. According to the ancient Greek myth, The God Dionysus symbolises wine and festival. Thus, what can be better backdrop for festivals than Reims whose name itself symbolises “Champagne” and thus, pure ecstasy.
Festivals in Summer
- Joan of Arc Festival: Referred to as Fetes Johanni-ques, the festival celebrates the legendary Joan of Arc. Held annually in July, the revellers can rub shoulders with the medieval times along with the costumed celebration. This day also commemorates the coronation ceremony of Charles VII in 1429, which was held in the Cathedral of Notre-Dame. The people, who attend this festival, dress themselves in medieval sartorial set up alongside a costumed Joan of Arc and Charles VII in the Grand coronation event.
- Ay Champagne Festival: One can enjoy the effervescent wine and champagne during this festival. Held bi-annually in July, the festival is locally known as the Fete D’ Henri IV, or Henry IV festival. It also provides itself as a meeting ground for the people who grow champagne as they bathe themselves in vine, dancing, music, food and fireworks.
- FOIRE de Chalons: Held in August and September, the festival confluences the culture of champagne and art, music and food. The festival is known for attracting at least 200,000 visitors each year.
- Fete des Sorcieres: Translated as the Witch festival, it falls during Halloween. There is a whole history of witchcraft which is associated with this festival as it takes place in Chalindrey which is further the abode to 16th century witch hunts and Fort du Cognelot, translated as Devil’s Point.
- Christmas is celebrated in December with Noels de Champagne, or the Champagne Festival. The city gets dressed up with holiday decorations. What’s More? The shops-Moet and Chandon, Pommery and Mumm etc – serve local Champagne tastings. Its the best time to revel in wine, shopping and an ultimate French experience.
- Elektricity Festival: Reims is a wonderful mixture of the traditional and contemporary. This festival takes place in front of Norte –Dame but actually celebrates contemporary and urban electronic music.
- Melimome Festival: Children are going to love this festival which takes place in Place de L’ Hotel de Ville (city hall). It is a festival crafted for children as it offers games, puppet shows and live entertainment.
- Sedan Medieval Festival: This festival takes place at the largest fort in Europe – Sedan Castle Fort. Again, this festival will transport you to the romantic world of medieval arts such as jousting, cavalry tournaments and fire Breathing dragons.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Reims
638 Views36 Days 35 NightsTrip to Paris, Berlin, Rome, Venice, London, Nice, Dubrovnik, Krakow, ReimsBy: Guest UserCity: Krakow, Berlin, Dubrovnik, Rome, Venice, Nice, Reims, Paris, London
683 Views10 Days 9 NightsTrip to Paris, Angers, Rennes, Menton, Toulon, Carcassonne, Reims, Tours, Pau, AmiensBy: Sundaramoorthy SrinivasanCity: Paris, Angers, Tours, Reims, Rennes, Carcassonne, Menton, Toulon, Amiens, Pau
727 Views9 Days 8 NightsTrip to Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, Nice, Milan, ReimsBy: Guest UserCity: Paris, Reims, Nice, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan
531 Views15 Days 14 NightsTrip to Paris, Barcelona, Bilbao, Nantes, Reims, Aix-en-provenceBy: Guest UserCity: Reims, Nantes, Aix-en-provence, Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Reims
Save 7%Small-Group Day Tour of Mot et Chandon and Taittinger with Champagne Tasting from Reims97 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
Take a day to explore Reims, France including visits to the Champagne Grand Cru Villages such as Bouzy, Verzenay, Le Mesnil,....
Save 4%Champagne Day Trip to Mot et Chandon and Family Winery including Lunch from Reims18 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Live an exceptional champagne day starting in Reims. Visit the most world famous Champagne producer, Mot & Chandon. Drive thr...
Save 7%Champagne Tasting Day Tour: Mot et Chandon, family domains, lunch included12 Reviews
Duration: 8 Hrs
Discover the delicate flavors of the Champagne region at Moet et Chandon and Hautvillers on this 8-hour small-group day tour ...
Save 4%Champagne Day Trip to Veuve Cliquot and Family Winery including Lunch from Reims1 Reviews
Duration: 9 Hrs
Have a full Champagne experience from Reims ! Start the day with a City Tour in Reims and drive by the HistoricalCathedral.Vi...