Events and Festivals in Reims
Events and Festivals in Reims
Reims’ festivals take place throughout the year. According to the ancient Greek myth, The God Dionysus symbolises wine and festival. Thus, what can be better backdrop for festivals than Reims whose name itself symbolises “Champagne” and thus, pure ecstasy.
Festivals in Summer
- Joan of Arc Festival: Referred to as Fetes Johanni-ques, the festival celebrates the legendary Joan of Arc. Held annually in July, the revellers can rub shoulders with the medieval times along with the costumed celebration. This day also commemorates the coronation ceremony of Charles VII in 1429, which was held in the Cathedral of Notre-Dame. The people, who attend this festival, dress themselves in medieval sartorial set up alongside a costumed Joan of Arc and Charles VII in the Grand coronation event.
- Ay Champagne Festival: One can enjoy the effervescent wine and champagne during this festival. Held bi-annually in July, the festival is locally known as the Fete D’ Henri IV, or Henry IV festival. It also provides itself as a meeting ground for the people who grow champagne as they bathe themselves in vine, dancing, music, food and fireworks.
- FOIRE de Chalons: Held in August and September, the festival confluences the culture of champagne and art, music and food. The festival is known for attracting at least 200,000 visitors each year.
- Fete des Sorcieres: Translated as the Witch festival, it falls during Halloween. There is a whole history of witchcraft which is associated with this festival as it takes place in Chalindrey which is further the abode to 16th century witch hunts and Fort du Cognelot, translated as Devil’s Point.
- Christmas is celebrated in December with Noels de Champagne, or the Champagne Festival. The city gets dressed up with holiday decorations. What’s More? The shops-Moet and Chandon, Pommery and Mumm etc – serve local Champagne tastings. Its the best time to revel in wine, shopping and an ultimate French experience.
- Elektricity Festival: Reims is a wonderful mixture of the traditional and contemporary. This festival takes place in front of Norte –Dame but actually celebrates contemporary and urban electronic music.
- Melimome Festival: Children are going to love this festival which takes place in Place de L’ Hotel de Ville (city hall). It is a festival crafted for children as it offers games, puppet shows and live entertainment.
- Sedan Medieval Festival: This festival takes place at the largest fort in Europe – Sedan Castle Fort. Again, this festival will transport you to the romantic world of medieval arts such as jousting, cavalry tournaments and fire Breathing dragons.
Trip plans for Reims
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Trip to Paris, Lyon, Annecy, Toulon, Reims, Bayeux By: Kintana Rad City: Paris, Reims, Bayeux, Toulon, Annecy, Lyon
Reims Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Reims
10 Reviews Duration: 8 Hrs
Discover the vineyards and taste all kind of Champagne, from great Champagne houses to small producers. Today you will take a...
USD 247.62Book Now
31 Reviews Duration: 4 Hrs
You will be guided from your hotel or place of arrival and will discover the beauty of the Champagne region and its producers...
USD 118.66Book Now
33 Reviews Duration: 8 Hrs
Discover the vineyards and taste all kind of Champagne from great Champagne houses to small producers. Start your day with a ...
USD 243.14Book Now
86 Reviews Duration: 7 Hrs
Sightseeing of Reims and its famous UNESCO Cathedral, the Champagne Grand Cru Villages such as Bouzy, Verzenay, Le Mesnil,......
USD 149.59Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Reims
- Events & Festivals in Uhrwiller
- Events & Festivals in Archelange
- Events & Festivals in Ciry-salsogne
- Events & Festivals in Le Perray-en-yvelines
- Events & Festivals in Brin-sur-seille
- Events & Festivals in Vadonville
- Events & Festivals in Camon
- Events & Festivals in Landepéreuse
- Events & Festivals in Étobon
- Events & Festivals in Colombier Chatelôt
- Events & Festivals in Grozon
- Events & Festivals in Ancerville
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Conflans-sainte-honorine
- Events & Festivals in Criciúma
- Events & Festivals in Jaboatão Dos Guararapes
- Events & Festivals in Treharris
- Events & Festivals in Coats
- Events & Festivals in Guaíba
- Events & Festivals in Matipó
- Events & Festivals in Petersburg
- Events & Festivals in Morro Da Fumaça
- Events & Festivals in Fresh Meadows