Events and Festivals in Reims, France
Events and Festivals in Reims
Reims’ festivals take place throughout the year. According to the ancient Greek myth, The God Dionysus symbolises wine and festival. Thus, what can be better backdrop for festivals than Reims whose name itself symbolises “Champagne” and thus, pure ecstasy.
Festivals in Summer
- Joan of Arc Festival: Referred to as Fetes Johanni-ques, the festival celebrates the legendary Joan of Arc. Held annually in July, the revellers can rub shoulders with the medieval times along with the costumed celebration. This day also commemorates the coronation ceremony of Charles VII in 1429, which was held in the Cathedral of Notre-Dame. The people, who attend this festival, dress themselves in medieval sartorial set up alongside a costumed Joan of Arc and Charles VII in the Grand coronation event.
- Ay Champagne Festival: One can enjoy the effervescent wine and champagne during this festival. Held bi-annually in July, the festival is locally known as the Fete D’ Henri IV, or Henry IV festival. It also provides itself as a meeting ground for the people who grow champagne as they bathe themselves in vine, dancing, music, food and fireworks.
- FOIRE de Chalons: Held in August and September, the festival confluences the culture of champagne and art, music and food. The festival is known for attracting at least 200,000 visitors each year.
- Fete des Sorcieres: Translated as the Witch festival, it falls during Halloween. There is a whole history of witchcraft which is associated with this festival as it takes place in Chalindrey which is further the abode to 16th century witch hunts and Fort du Cognelot, translated as Devil’s Point.
- Christmas is celebrated in December with Noels de Champagne, or the Champagne Festival. The city gets dressed up with holiday decorations. What’s More? The shops-Moet and Chandon, Pommery and Mumm etc – serve local Champagne tastings. Its the best time to revel in wine, shopping and an ultimate French experience.
- Elektricity Festival: Reims is a wonderful mixture of the traditional and contemporary. This festival takes place in front of Norte –Dame but actually celebrates contemporary and urban electronic music.
- Melimome Festival: Children are going to love this festival which takes place in Place de L’ Hotel de Ville (city hall). It is a festival crafted for children as it offers games, puppet shows and live entertainment.
- Sedan Medieval Festival: This festival takes place at the largest fort in Europe – Sedan Castle Fort. Again, this festival will transport you to the romantic world of medieval arts such as jousting, cavalry tournaments and fire Breathing dragons.
Trip plans for Reims
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Reims
637 Views36 Days 35 NightsTrip to Paris, Berlin, Rome, Venice, London, Nice,By: Guest UserCity: Krakow, Berlin, Dubrovnik, Rome, Venice, Nice, Reims, Paris, London
681 Views10 Days 9 NightsTrip to Paris, Angers, Rennes, Menton, Toulon, CarBy: Sundaramoorthy SrinivasanCity: Paris, Angers, Tours, Reims, Rennes, Carcassonne, Menton, Toulon, Amiens, Pau
727 Views9 Days 8 NightsTrip to Paris, Rome, Venice, Florence, Nice, MilanBy: Guest UserCity: Paris, Reims, Nice, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan
530 Views15 Days 14 NightsTrip to Paris, Barcelona, Bilbao, Nantes, Reims, ABy: Guest UserCity: Reims, Nantes, Aix-en-provence, Barcelona, Bilbao, Paris
Reims Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Reims
Champagne Day Trip to Veuve Cliquot and Family Winery including Lunch from Reims New on TripHobo
Duration: 9 Hrs
Meet your friendly guide and start the day with a City Tour in Reims, including a drive by the old town and the magnificient ...Book Now
Save 6%BALAD IN THE VINEYARDS - CHAMPAGNE LOUIS DE SACY 1H15 New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs 15 Mins
HighlightsA getaway to take your breath away from the different views it offers.Experience a unique and original experience.D...
Reims City Pass New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Days
Save money during your visit to Reims thanks to the Reims City Pass. Choose your type of pass from 1, 2 or 3 days and enjoy f...Book Now
Save 7%FAUX DE VERZY 1H - A WALK IN THE WOODS New on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs
HighlightsOriginal walk mixing visit and adventureDescription SummarySegway gyropod hike in Reims in the Faux de Verzy (Marne...
- Events & Festivals in Marne-la-vallee
- Events & Festivals in Paris
- Events & Festivals in Amiens
- Events & Festivals in Versailles
- Events & Festivals in Metz
- Events & Festivals in Nancy
- Events & Festivals in Dieppe
- Events & Festivals in Calais
- Events & Festivals in Dijon
- Events & Festivals in Angers
- Events & Festivals in Tours
- Events & Festivals in Rennes
- Events & Festivals in Le Mans
- Events & Festivals in Carcassonne
- Events & Festivals in Menton