Le CryptoportiqueCurrently Open
- Address: Place du Forum, 51100 Reims, France Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-326777776
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Reims brings before you yet another historical site in the form of Cryptoportique, which is speculated to have served as grain storage in the 3rd century. This ancient location has a Gallo- Roman origin and although only its Eastern part exists today, yet it is considered to be one of the most well preserved structure belonging to its time. The place also offers a display of the objects found inside the site. A Cryptoporticus is a generic name given to a covered corridor or a passageway, in the ancient roman Architecture. Reims’ Cryptoportique is definitely an archaeological delight which takes us into the history and study of Roman architecture. It is one of the five Cryptoportiques registered throughout the world.
Le Cryptoportique Travel Tips
- The site remains open only during the summers, that is from June to September.
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Le Cryptoportique
- Nearest Stations- BP, Virgin Radio, Station Multi Services
- Brasserie le Boulingrin
- Le Bocal
- Le foch
- Glue Pot
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reims before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reims and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Le Cryptoportique Address: Place du Forum, 51100 Reims, France
- Le Cryptoportique Contact Number: +33-326777776
- Le Cryptoportique Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Le Cryptoportique(preferred time): 02:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Le Cryptoportique: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
29.34% of people who visit Reims include Le Cryptoportique in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
63.16% of people start their Le Cryptoportique visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Le Cryptoportique
90.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Cryptoportique
People normally club together Foujita Chapel and Bibliotheque while planning their visit to Le Cryptoportique.