Are you looking for what to do in Reims?
PLACES TO SEE
- Cathedrale Notre Dame: Translated as “Our Lady of Paris”, the Cathedrale is one of the oldest historical locations and an unparalleled epitome of French Gothic Architecture. It is home to Catholicism’s most significant relics. You will be completely mesmerised with the spires and domes of its building. Although, the buiding has undergone many reconstructions, the place holds its antiquity and old world charm. The visitors will be completely overwhelmed by the gigantic ten bells inside the Cathedrale. The place has been the site of numerous coronations of the monarchs in the history of France.
- Museums and Galleries: The city provides a whole range of museums and galleries with their collection of paintings, portraits and antiques. Prominent amongst these are Musee des Beaux and Palais du Tau. So if you are an art lover, this place shall certainly enamour you.
- Squares, Plazes, Markets and Bazaars: Pedestrian friendly Squares such as Place Drouet d’ Erlon provide a suitable location for recreation offering a plethora of options for food, beer and shopping. The other must- to-visit food market is Halles du Boulingrin. The place is significant because of its history as it had been the centre of main food market in 1929 post the destruction of WWI. One can also encounter various exhibitions and cultural events during its visit.
THINGS TO DO
- Champagne tasting and tours: There are various tours such as that of Veuve HQ, Mumm, Lanson, Pommery and others that will take you into the exuberance of wine tasting experiences and shall certainly leave you entranced. Taittinger Cellars is known for its aging wines lying in the Cellars waiting to be curated.
- Theatre: Known for its lively theatre culture, the city provides its visitors with a plethora of choices such as the main Theatre (Opera and Culture), La Comedie (20th century drama and film art), La Cartonnerie (alternative, performance and music acts).
- Shopping: Owing to modernisation the place offers the whole range of brands and stores such as Galeries Lafayette. There are shopping centres such as E space d’Erlon.
Below we have a list of things to do in Reims and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Reims getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Reims with confidence.