La Roche-aux-fees382 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 35150 Essé, France, Rennes Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-820205235
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Geological Formation, Ancient Ruin, Historical Site
Rennes may not have the same megalithic richness that central and western Brittany are renowned for, but this Dolmen holds it own reputation. It is basically a 20 metre long passage of purple-hued stone. The stone was mined from Theil-de-Bretagne, only a few miles away, 5000 years ago! They’re call the Rock of the Fairies, because it’s believed that only fairy magic could have moved the rocks from so many miles away to this spot. The feeling of being under these rocks is… indescribable.
La Roche-aux-fees Travel Tips
- The Musee des Arts et Traditions Populaires is nearby, and it explores early 20th century rural art and lifestyles.
- Walking, boating and fishing are popular activities at the nearby lake at Marcille-Robert. Bird watching too-there’s an observation point on the road to La Guerche-de-Bretagne.
- Find the rocks can be difficult, especially if you can’t speak/read French. Make sure the spot is marked on your GPS before you set out.
How to Reach La Roche-aux-fees
- You’ll have to drive to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Rennes before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Rennes and book an accommodation of your choice.
- La Roche-aux-fees Address: 35150 Essé, France, Rennes
- La Roche-aux-fees Contact Number: +33-820205235
- La Roche-aux-fees Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit La Roche-aux-fees(preferred time): 07:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit La Roche-aux-fees: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
53.2% of people who visit Rennes include La Roche-aux-fees in their plan
07 AM - 08 AM
29.23% of people start their La Roche-aux-fees visit around 07 AM - 08 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see La Roche-aux-fees
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Roche-aux-fees
People normally club together Spa Aquatonic and Parc Des Gayeulles while planning their visit to La Roche-aux-fees.