Located in the north-eastern part Madhya Pradesh state in India, Rewa is a flourishing city that is gradually making its way through the world tourism map. Rewa district is strategically located as it is bounded on the north and east by the state of Uttar Pradesh, in the south by the Sidhi district and in the west with Amarpatan and Raghurajnagar tahsils of Satna district. Named after the Narmada river, this offers a range of cultural experiences to the visitors. For nature lovers, Rewa comes across a whiff of relief as it nestles attractions such as Keoti Falls, Purwa Falls, Chachai Falls amidst other scenic wonders. Rewa is also prominently known for being near to the summer capital of Mahraja Rewa, Govindgarh which is an offbeat travel destination in Madhya Pradesh alluring travelers with its historicity and laid back vibe. Built like the Udaipur Lake Palace, this one looks appealing with its quaint charm. It was also officially the residence of the white tigers till 1978.
For history lovers, there are various sites such as Rewa Fort, Rani Talab and Baghael Museum that inspire imagination and historical interest. With the growth in tourism of Madhya Pradesh, cities like Rewa are finding their due in terms of attention and appeal. Venkat Bhawan is a popular attraction that the tourists would love to look at. Flanked by Bansagar Dam, numerous waterfalls, and a giant statue of Shiva called "Bhairon Baba", this place will offer you vignettes of Madhya Pradesh and its unique charm that blends nature, culture and modernity in its landscape.
Essential travel information and Rewa tips for your visit
- Rewa Time Zone: IST (Indian Standard Time) GMT+5:30
- Currency: Currency used in Rewa is Indian Rupees.
- Electricity: India uses 230 Volts, 50 Hz alternating current as the power source. Plugs and sockets have grounded / earthed 3 Pin connections (Type D) or ungrounded 2 pin connections (Type C).
- Internet: 3G, Wi-Fi connections are available in almost all the hotels in the city.
- Languages: Language spoken in Rewa is Hindi.
- Security: Police: 100, Emergency: 108, Fire: 101, Ambulance: 102
- Tipping: Tipping is generally expected for the services rendered.
- Refrain from getting overfriendly with strangers. Do not get too personal with people like taxi drivers, auto drivers, tourist guides, etc.
- Keep all your cash and valuables under lock and key in your hotel room. Avoid carrying and exhibiting them in busy streets.
- Always Carry water with you.
Best time to view all falls in rewaAnswer Report Abuse
The best time to visit any waterfall in Rewa is the rainy season. You may visit anytime between June to early September.Report Abuse