Bessastadir71 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Alftanes, Iceland, Reykjavik Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +35-45653300
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Family And Kids
Two buildings stand out pretty sharply here - white, with red roofs on an isolated stretch of land on two corners of a building. One is the home of the President of Iceland, and it is closed to the public. It’s a fitting location as Bessastadir used to be a Royal stronghold back in the 13th century, and the place where many royal appointees lived. It has actually found mention in the Icelandic Sagas. The other is a church, also fitting, as there has been a church here as far back as 1000. The church building is one of the oldest cemented buildings in Iceland. Check out the stained glass windows and the triptych altarpiece. Some areas may be off to public access so check the signs. There is not much to do here.
- Call to verify the opening times of the church.
How to Reach Bessastadir
- By Car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bessastadir Address: Alftanes, Iceland, Reykjavik
- Bessastadir Contact Number: +35-45653300
- Bessastadir Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Bessastadir(preferred time): 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Bessastadir: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.19% of people who visit Reykjavik include Bessastadir in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
41.18% of people start their Bessastadir visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bessastadir
92.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bessastadir
People normally club together Grindavíkurvöllur and Frikirkjan I Reykjavik while planning their visit to Bessastadir.