Icelandic Phallological Museum4110 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Laugavegur 116, 105 Reykjavik, Iceland Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +354-5616663
- Ticket Price: 1500 ISK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
This is literally one-of-its-kinds Museum, with a display of phallic specimen of various mammals found in Iceland. The museum is a small room with the phallic specimen displayed in jars; it houses more than 283 such specimens of mammal’s like Whale, Polar Bear, Seals, Walrus and Humans. Apart from them it also houses 23 specimens of folklore!
The museum came into being when the founder-Sigurdur Hjartarson started collecting phallic parts of various mammals, now run by his son Hjortur Gísli Sigurasson–he has taken the museum to a great level altogether. The idea of entering a Phallological museum itself is peculiar and the walk through the room just keeps adding to it! Phallology has recently gained some concern in the field of history, literature, sciences and the Icelandic Phallological Museum is playing a huge part in spreading awareness.
Do not forget to visit the store on site for some really quirky merchandise!
Icelandic Phallological Museum Travel Tips
- Souvenir store is available.
Entrance Ticket Details For Icelandic Phallological Museum
- For adults: 1500 ISK
- Pensioners and disabled: 1000 ISK
- Children (under 13) in company of parents: Free admission
How to Reach Icelandic Phallological Museum
- Nearby bus station: Hlemmur
- Argentina Steikhus
- 73 Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Icelandic Phallological Museum Address: Laugavegur 116, 105 Reykjavik, Iceland
- Icelandic Phallological Museum Contact Number: +354-5616663
- Icelandic Phallological Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Icelandic Phallological Museum Price: 1500 ISK
- Best time to visit Icelandic Phallological Museum(preferred time): 05:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Icelandic Phallological Museum: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
68.64% of people who visit Reykjavik include Icelandic Phallological Museum in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
47.77% of people start their Icelandic Phallological Museum visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Icelandic Phallological Museum
73.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Icelandic Phallological Museum
People normally club together Hallgrimskirkja and Sun Voyager Sculpture while planning their visit to Icelandic Phallological Museum.