Laugardalur Park, ReykjavikCurrently Open
- Address: Engjavegur, Reykjavík, Iceland, Reykjavik
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Leisure, Spa, Family And Kids, Neighborhoods
About Laugardalur Park, Reykjavik
This place about four kilometers east of Reykjavik is basically a neighbourhood of urban recreation hangouts. The name, which translates into Hot Springs Valley, refers to a time when the valley was the city’s hot water source. Today you’ll find:
- Laugardalslaug, a large swimming pool complex
- The Laugar Spa
- The Fjolskyldu-ogHusdyragardurinn and Husdyragardurinn zoos
- The Laugardalsvollur sports arena
- The Laugardalur ice rink
- The Reykjavik Botanical Garden
- The World Class gym
- The Brettavollurinn i Laugardal skateboard park
- The TjaldsvaeidLaugardal campground
- The statue Thvottakonan (“The Washerwoman”) by AsmundurSveinsson
- A series of beautiful public parks, such as Fjolskyldugardurinn
Also remember to check out the Pvottalaugarnar, which are the remains of the old turn of the century wash house.
How To reach Laugardalur Park by Public Transport
- By Car or take a Taxi
- Laugardalshöll Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.