Nordic House, Reykjavik
Nordic House, Reykjavik - Address, Phone Number
Address: Sturlugata 5, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.5K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Library, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Nordic House, Reykjavik
This cultural center to the south of Hljomskalagardur Park focuses on strengthening cultural ties between Iceland and other Nordic countries. It is notable in several aspects. For example, the building’s striking design is owed to Finnish modernist architect Alvar Aalto. Its library houses over 30,000 media items that are not even in the Icelandic language. It organises many events for important cultural occasions such as the Reykjavík International Film and Literary Festivals and The Nordic Fashion Biennale. Additionally, the AALTO Bistro is a terrific dining option, with meals prepared by chef Sveinn Kjartansson. Stay updated on the activities of the center on its website.
Nordic House Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Tickets to events can be purchased on the center website.
Nordic House Ticket Prices
- Depends on the event.
Nordic House Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday-Friday: 11:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday-Wednesday: 11:30am-5:00pm
- Thursday-Saturday: 11:30am-9:30pm
How To reach Nordic House by Public Transport
- HaskoliIslands Bus Station
- By Car or take a Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
Nordic House, Reykjavik Reviews
It says it's a culture centre but it's more like a uni campus thing, it's pretty inside tho
It depends a bit on the exhibitions of this place is worth a detour. When we were there there was an interactive exhibition which generated music based on the movement of the public. Great for kids.
I came here to see the free concert by Markús and the Diversion Session. The concert was great, just as the Nordic House (Norræna húsið) itself. It has an exposition floor, a small hall for concerts and events, a delicious café, and an impressive library (though it has no books in English). It's worth visiting for sure.
Quiet and beautiful, with views overlooking a bird preserve. There's a great restaurant inside too.
Interesting exhibition space, library and restaurant
- Top Attractions in Reykjavik
- The Culture House
- Harpa Conference And Concert Center
- Sun Voyager Sculpture
- Icelandic Phallological Museum
- National Museum Of Iceland
- Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir
- The Hafnarfjordur Centre Of Culture And Fine Art
- Kogga Ceramic Studio Gallery
- Kopavogur Art Museum
- Attractions on TripHobo
- Cincinnati Food Tours
- Hundeskov Gram
- Walmer Parish Churches
- Badepark Ellental Stadtwerke Bietigheim-bissingen
- Courtyard San Antonio Seaworld®/westover Hills
- Spiruline La Spirale Verte
- Salem Missionary Baptist Church
- Centro Del Arte Flamenco
- Mid-valley Clays & Shooting School
- Chapelle Saint Bruno