Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn274 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 105, Sigtún, Reykjavík, Iceland, Reykjavik
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 1500 ISK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
AsmundurSveinsson was a darling celebrity sculptor of Iceland. This museum, a branch of the Reykjavik Art Museum organisation, exhibits some of the best work across the breadth of his career. The exhibits organise his work thematically as well as in collections with works of other artists. This building was actually the sculptor’s own home, a Mediterranean-Arab structure that he built himself. A number of his works are actually on display outside the house, in the garden, and they are absolutely monumental in size. Make sure to check out the museum’s charming gift shop. And the igloo shaped bus stop in front of the museum. Keep yourself updated on the museum website for upcoming events.
Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn Travel Tips
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available for rent.
- Guided tours outside normal opening hours can be arranged by appointment.
Entrance Ticket Details For Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn
- This admission ticket also grants you entry to Kjarvalsstadir, and AsmundurSveinsson Sculpture Museum on the same day
- Students: 820 ISK
- Children under 18:, Guests with disabilities and senior citizens 70+: Free
- Group guided tours: Monday to Friday: 15.000 ISK
- Guided Tours in English every Friday at 2:00 pm.
How to Reach Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn
- Bus nr. 2, 4, 14, 15, 17, 19 will take you to the museum stop Sigtun
- By Car or take a Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.15% of people who visit Reykjavik include Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn in their plan
36.36% of people start their Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn visit around 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn
87.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn