Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn, Reykjavik
About Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn, Reykjavik
Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn, Reykjavik - Address, Ticket Price
Address: 105, Sigtún, Reykjavík, Iceland
Ticket Price: 1500 ISK
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 3.5K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
AsmundurSveinsson was a darling celebrity sculptor of Iceland. This museum, a branch of the Reykjavik Art Museum organisation, exhibits some of the best work across the breadth of his career. The exhibits organise his work thematically as well as in collections with works of other artists. This building was actually the sculptor’s own home, a Mediterranean-Arab structure that he built himself. A number of his works are actually on display outside the house, in the garden, and they are absolutely monumental in size. Make sure to check out the museum’s charming gift shop. And the igloo shaped bus stop in front of the museum. Keep yourself updated on the museum website for upcoming events.
Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn Information
- Wheelchair accessible. Wheelchairs available for rent.
- Guided tours outside normal opening hours can be arranged by appointment.
Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn Ticket Prices
- This admission ticket also grants you entry to Kjarvalsstadir, and AsmundurSveinsson Sculpture Museum on the same day
- Students: 820 ISK
- Children under 18:, Guests with disabilities and senior citizens 70+: Free
- Group guided tours: Monday to Friday: 15.000 ISK
- Guided Tours in English every Friday at 2:00 pm.
How To reach Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn by Public Transport
- Bus nr. 2, 4, 14, 15, 17, 19 will take you to the museum stop Sigtun
- By Car or take a Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
Reykjavik Art Museum Asmundarsafn, Reykjavik Reviews - Write a Review
We started here on our art museum hopping and I'm so glad we did. The sun was shining and hitting the sculptures in the garden in a beautiful way, I didn't know where to begin. The inside is also beautifully architected (by the artist himself of course) and refracts light well. It's a photographer's dream. The sculptures themselves were emotive and interesting--the descriptions were thorough but not invasive to the experience. The gallery assistant was SO lovely and really chatted to my parents--two people who don't tend to talk about art. Oh and the coffee is free and DAMN good! Please stop by. around £16 tickets for all three art museums combined.
The museum is really great, and the sculpture garden will make any sort of weather lovely. Have been there many times and always leave amazed at Ásmundur Sveinsson’s work.
Very interesting museum, primarily of abstract sculpture.
A true master of form. A bright and brilliant museum wit a great sculpture garden.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hotel Borg
- Hotel Skogafoss
- Fosshótel Reykjavík
- Loft Hostel
- Kex Hostel Reykjavik
- The Laundromat Cafe
- Skogar Museum - Skógasafn
- Reykjavik Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Reykjavik
- What to See in 48 Hours in Reykjavik
- What to See in 72 Hours in Reykjavik
- How to Spend 5 Days in Reykjavik
- How to Spend 6 Days in Reykjavik
- How to Spend 7 Days in Reykjavik