Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadirCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 105, Flókagata 24, Reykjavík, Iceland, Reykjavik
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +35-44116420
- Ticket Price: 1500 ISK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museum, Family And Kids
Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir - Review
There is much to recommend about this museum. It is the permanent exhibit for a large collection of paintings by Icelanding master Johannes S. Kjarval. Additionally the museum also exhibits some of the best works in modern art. Opened in 1979, it has been redesigned, presentation has been made more engaging, and now there is also an excellent cafe and a design and book store. Furthermore, the striking modernist building opens up to views of the Klambratún garden. The museum is part of the Reykjavik Art Museum organisation, and ties up with other museums to organise international art exhibits. Check the museum calendar of upcoming events.
Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir Information
- Fully disabled accessible.
- Guided tours outside of opening hours can be arranged.
Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir Ticket Prices
- Children under 18, disabled, and senior citizens 70+: Free
- Includes admission to Hafnarhus, Kjarvalsstadir, and AsmundurSveinsson Sculpture Museum for the same day.
- Guided tours for groups of 10+: Monday to Friday: 15.000 ISK
- Weekends or after opening hours: 30.000 ISK+admission
How To reach Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir by Public Transport
- Drive, walk, or take a Taxi to here.
- By Bus: nr. 1, 3, 6, 11, 13
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir
13.32% of people who visit Reykjavik include Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40.5% of people start their Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir
86.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir
Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir Map
Reykjavik Art Museum-kjarvalsstadir, Reykjavik Reviews
It's small and when I was there half of the exhibition was gone but the ticket price was also halved. It has a nice little coffee house and a pretty park around. The paintings were beautiful, really give back the atmosphere of this breathtaking country and it's nature's scenery.
Great museum! There's always a new and interesting exhibition to see there.
Although this was my least favorite of the three art museum locations, that's only personal taste. The space itself is massive and clearly a meeting point for locals to chill out with coffee and enjoy the sun (while it lasts!). There were two massive exhibits that went into depth on the local artists, which is all I really need. Not as gorgeous + inspiring as the other two though.
Actually one of the best art museums we visited. There are only two artists on display, but they have impressive collections from both, and both are some of the most significant artists in Icelandic history, Kjarval being the permanent exhibition and most famous. The layout and descriptions were good, and the lighting and spacing of works allowed you to really enjoy them. The cafe was closed, but they made up for it with free coffee.
Nice cozy building. I hid here from a snowstorm.
All QuestionsReykjavik art museum-kjarvalsstadir
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal