The Culture House, ReykjavikCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Hverfisgata 15, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +354-5302210
- Ticket Price: 1200 ISK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
About The Culture House, Reykjavik
Reykjavik is a great blend of nature and history! So for the love of history Iceland brings to you the Cultural House which is an exhibition space for all things cultural! The building was constructed in1908 and was by far one of the finest architecture of the city at that time.
This elegant neo-classical building houses some very intriguing exhibitions. A must visit if you are Eddas and Sagas enthusiast. It also has an old reading room with books from 16th century- when printing originated! The cultural house is utopia for literature zealot, with its guided tours on Medieval Manuscripts offered during winters is a great way to be acquainted with Icelandic literature.
The Culture House Information
- The building is wheelchair accessible.
The Culture House Ticket Prices
- General admission: 1200 ISK
- Children under 18: free admission
- Seniors (67+), disabled and students: 600 ISK
- Groups (10 or more): 900 ISK
- Guided tour for groups (10 or more): 1200 ISK per person
How To reach The Culture House by Public Transport
- Nearby bus stop: National theatre
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Reykjavik before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Reykjavik and book an accommodation of your choice.